• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Actually, they found parts of the "4 corners" relatively close of the plane
    Somehow I don't think they are going to be quite so lucky this time round

Comment

• (I own an original 1946 Piper J-3 Cub)
      Jealous...

Comment

• Originally posted by mcm View Post
        jealous...
        + 1 !!
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by MCM View Post
          Jealous...

Any of you ever in the area it would be my pleasure to let you fly her.

Comment

• BBC reporting that up to 122 objects, up to 23m in size potentially from MH370 now spotted in new satellite images, across an area 400 square miles in size, around 2,500km from Perth.

A further 122 objects potentially from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been identified by a satellite, a Malaysian minister says.

Comment

• A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by sjwk View Post
                BBC reporting that up to 122 objects, up to 23m in size potentially from MH370 now spotted in new satellite images, across an area 400 square miles in size, around 2,500km from Perth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26748146

Just kind of close to here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamantina_Deep, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                  Just kind of close to here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamantina_Deep, isn't it?
                  Depends on what's "kind of".

According to your Wikipedia link, the Diamantina Deep is 1,125 km west-southwest of Perth at 35°S and 104°E. And according to the photos above the new debris field is about 44.7°S and 90.5°E, which places it some 1600 km southwest of the Diamantina Deep, which is equivalent to 2 hours of 777ish cruise or don't know how many days of floating adrift in the ocean.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Some are feeling compassion for the relatives. I'm just thinking about hours and hours of being on the plane with the fear this was how life would end.

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                      Some are feeling compassion for the relatives. I'm just thinking about hours and hours of being on the plane with the fear this was how life would end.
                      agreed thats an awful thought....its my hope (and i might have this wrong) that the height gain made it impossible for any of them to live (including the pilot) or decompression or whatever....and that they were all gone way before the engines stopped turning.

Comment

• A bunch of debris, and yet nobody has recovered a single piece yet.
                        A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• I was thinking last night after getting off with Brian and having a good laugh.

It is a damn shame that ITS is not around! I believe he is now a 777 Captain and he could give us some of the information that we are lacking on systems and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                            A bunch of debris, and yet nobody has recovered a single piece yet.

I would not be at all surprised if the first piece of 370 debris is found washed up somewhere months or years from now.

Comment

• Lawsuits

I see the Lawyers are already going after Boeing as well as Malaysian Airlines. Since the cause of the crash isn't known, how can you go after the manufacturer? If it turns out to be a deliberate act, you can still sue the manufacturer?

Comment

• Phoneman,

How about this as a 'legal' argument.

After the 'spate' of 'recent' murdercides (thanx Brian), the manufacturers (BOEING, AIRBUS et al.) should have built in a failsafe to prevent deliberate CFIT

My 2c from knowing lots of lousy lawyers

VAZ

Comment

Working...
                                X