Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Centre or Not To Centre that is the Question

Folks looking for some advice here.

I put up a photo for consideration, ok there are a couple of things not right with it, and these can be fixed but my issue is with centering. The aircraft was higher in the frame so that the reflection of the aircraft could be seen in the pool of water on the ramp. This caused an "Aircraft not Centred" rejection. I'm new to this site and surely not all aircraft need to be centred. Indeed, when I checked other images on the home pages there were aircraft images top and bottom left and right. Not every image I have is centred but I would like to have it confirmed what non-centering is acceptable.

Thanks In Advance

Dave

Do you have an example of the image you're talking about?

Comment

Hi Sam, try this please?

Comment

The short answer is...Yes, we do accept off centre water reflection shots ...... but for them to work they are generally full side on shots where the whole aircraft is reflected.
        Your DC3 shot is not helped by being dark and underexposed, also the reflection does not show the whole aircraft.
        See what it looks like once you have fixed the exposure and come back to us.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by dj843524 View Post
          The reflection in the water warrants the composition so for me there is no problem with the centering of the aircraft. Both of the screeners who dealt with the image agreed it was dark, a quick glance at the histogram shows the image is lacking light tones (see gap on the right hand side of histogram).

The image is suffering from compression so please be sure to save at the highest possible quality.

Lastly, one screener though the image could do with a bit of rotation however it's a tricky image to level, I think it's leveled ok.

So if reuploading, brighten the image (especially the light tones) and correct the compression, and it should be ok.

Dave

Comment

Gents, thakyu for your honest opinion, yes I agree a bit on the dark side, time for some calibration of the monitor. I will endeavour to resolve, thanks again

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X