Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
    Then what about United 93? And that was more than 10 years ago.

Off the internet: Altogether, the passengers and crew made 35 airphone calls and two cell phone calls from the flight.Ten passengers and two crew members were able to successfully connect, providing information to family, friends, and others on the ground

Comment

• Originally posted by sjwk View Post
      So now they're saying that they did track something for about an hour from approximately the same location MH370 was last seen, up towards the Andaman Islands. But it still might be another plane.
      Perhaps the one that hit them? Funny, we are hearing all this speculation in the press on scenarios that do not fit the circumstances of a sudden disappearance and so far nothing on a midair. Before GOL 1907 I wouldn't have thought it possible for a GA aircraft to take out a commercial jet and continue flying. Now I can't rule it out. But then, yeah, where's the wreckage...

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        Off the internet: Altogether, the passengers and crew made 35 airphone calls and two cell phone calls from the flight.
        So a few people were able to connect using their cell phone. There is information about one passenger successfully reaching a 911 operator using their cell phone.

Btw, I also would have believed cellphones would not work, at least back in 2001.

Comment

• Well, now everyone's favorite theory is a lithium battery fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
            Off the internet: Altogether, the passengers and crew made 35 airphone calls and two cell phone calls from the flight.Ten passengers and two crew members were able to successfully connect, providing information to family, friends, and others on the ground
            and do you still believe that ?
            Bush Junior and Cheney downed that airplane, because was heading to the White House. Everyone saw a "white" F-16.
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• hi, why do neither Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad nor Delavar Seyed Mohammad Erza look anything at all like Mario Balotelli? also who/what started that fire on North Sentinel Island? thanks!
              moving quickly in air

Comment

• Malaysia confirms Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was hijacked

Comment

• Finally confirmation of what I think most of us had already figured out, that this was a hijacking of some kind.

Comment

• Unconfirmed reports that the last Imarsat transmission occurred 1000NM off Perth, Australia.

There isn't much out there, is there?
                    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• The term "hijacking" can be taken in the looser sense of the word, I think, of someone commandeering the aircraft in an act of aggression, that person being either internal or external.

I still would be surprised to learn that an external person or persons would be able to manage what reportedly took place here:

Changing course and disengaging transponders just after signing off with ATC; flying to approx. 45 thousand feet to knock out or kill everyone else on board, something which on its own would take great competence; leaving the cockpit to disengage ACARS; returning to a non-standard altitude, and continuing to make changes to the flight path seemingly intended to confound anyone looking. That's just what we've heard.

Again, one has to start by considering the most straightforward explanation, and that's an internal job. It doesn't preclude other possibilities, but they become much less likely, I think.

Comment

• This might have been asked before, but I didn't see it.

Does anyone know what 9M-MRO's previous flight was?

Comment

• Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                          Finally confirmation of what I think most of us had already figured out, that this was a hijacking of some kind.
                          Not so quick there. The circus continues. Lead investigator denies that claim.

Comment

• This has become one of the biggest clusters in aviation history.

Comment

• Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                              This has become one of the biggest clusters in aviation history.
                              I dunno. We live in an era when we expect information instantaneously. But if someone doesn't want to be found, and has expertise at evading detection, the task becomes much more difficult. There's really not a lot of precedence for this, I don't think. It's been a week, now, but we seem to be well on the trail of figuring this out. Not bad considering there's still no plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
                                I dunno. We live in an era when we expect information instantaneously. But if someone doesn't want to be found, and has expertise at evading detection, the task becomes much more difficult. There's really not a lot of precedence for this, I don't think. It's been a week, now, but we seem to be well on the trail of figuring this out. Not bad considering there's still no plane.
                                I was referring to how every single report seems to be contradicted by at least one other "source," only to either be confirmed later, or resurface in some variation again.

Comment

Working...
                                X