UPS not canceling 388F order; DL going for ATL-PVG-ATL; more news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS not canceling 388F order; DL going for ATL-PVG-ATL; more news

Well, turns out UPS isn't canceling that 388F order. A revised delivery schdule is being worked out with Airbus. (second article from top) Also in this section, DL Conn will be adding service between ATL and Hilton-Head Airport.

Source: http://www.atwonline.com/news/other....=1%2F22%2F2007

Plenty more headlines as well, including Republic adding almost 1000 pilots.

As expected , DL made its bid for n/s's between Atlanta and Shanghai for 2008. I think this is a great proposal, especially considering the massive feed at the ATL hub, hope DL wins.

Source: http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=7667

Great news for airbus and the A380F

I think it will look great in UPS colors.

Comment

Does SDF have the capability for the A380F?
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
        Does SDF have the capability for the A380F?
        As far as runways, yeah. 17R/35L was recently expanded to 11890 ft long, so it can handle it. As far as parking, I have no idea. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of extra space for A380's unless they're planning on paving some more parking areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
          As expected , DL made its bid for n/s's between Atlanta and Shanghai for 2008. I think this is a great proposal, especially considering the massive feed at the ATL hub, hope DL wins.
          Well, I sure would love for DL to get that route, but the DOT has p!ssed on DL's China proposals before, so I have my doubts.

Comment

In the past, I have said that DL should stop groaning about the China routes and jsut get over it, but recently - with UA being given the routes to IAD, I am forced to change my mind. DL has improoved so much and deserve the right to fly on that route. I think that if< and I am sure that they will, they have the aircraft to do the route, the spirit and the oppurtunity as well as the need (as the ATL - China routes are non-existentent and that this will allow many souther states an oppurtunity to connect with China), then they should be given the oppurtunity to fly it.
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

The headline is misleading. UPS didn't say that we're cancelling rather that they stated they hadn't made a decision. The two are NOT the same thing. The exact quote from the article:

Les Echos reported last week that UPS will drop the order, but the company moved quickly Friday to clarify that no decision has been made and that it continues to talk with Airbus regarding a revised delivery schedule.

Comment

^Re:

^Well why waste time talking with Airbus about a revised delivery schedule and try to work things out if you're going to cancel the order? Seems pretty dumb to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                  ^Well why waste time talking with Airbus about a revised delivery schedule and try to work things out if you're going to cancel the order? Seems pretty dumb to me.
                  Well if the talks go south, then they'll cancel. If UPS gets the terms it wants, then I'd assume the order will stand. Like they said, they've made no descision.
                  Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Working...
                  X