Western Airlines coming back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommyalf
    I think everyone is forgetting one thing. Delta owns the rights to the Western name, this site is total bull.
    Owned, past tense. Delta sold the name rights to Western, sometime under the dictatorship of that idiot Mullin.

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    Really? I never knew LAX was a Delta hub.
    It was until Mullin came along, who dismantled the LAX hub completly with the exception of HNL, OGG and GDL. Everything else were just other DL hubs and focus cities. Grinstein is now bringing the LAX hub back to life.

Comment

And in my previous post I wrote "that fuels some revenue to .... "

Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
        And in my previous post I wrote "that fuels some revenue to .... "
        Though probably less than what DL could have gotten at a time when the planes for this new Western Airlines actually started up, not a decade before.

Comment

Western to start flying Spring 07

it's definitely legitimate.

this made press in late 2005...

a recent local bellingham article notes MD80s...

another related link...

good luck!
          www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

The real Western Airlines was excellent. I remember their DC-10's in LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
              ^That's interesting, so DL took over Western, Eastern (ATL hub) and then Pan Am (III?).
              Delta bought Western in 1985. They bought specific routes from Pan Am in the late 80's/early 90's.

Delta did not buy Eastern's ATL hub. Delta already had an extensive hub operation in ATL alongside Eastern. Eastern was in the C and D concourse, while Delta was in A and B. It was only after Eastern collapsed that Delta took some of it's hub operation and moved it from outstations back to ATL.
              Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Originally posted by N9103M
                Delta bought Western in 1985. They bought specific routes from Pan Am in the late 80's/early 90's.

Delta did not buy Eastern's ATL hub. Delta already had an extensive hub operation in ATL alongside Eastern. Eastern was in the C and D concourse, while Delta was in A and B. It was only after Eastern collapsed that Delta took some of it's hub operation and moved it from outstations back to ATL.
                Actually, Delta and Eastern shared B. Delta had B South, Eastern had B North (And built the tunnel between their gates on B North and Concourse C). Delta had A. Concourse D was for the other airlines like Republic, Piedmont, Northwest, United, American, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X