Facebook page stealing photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook page stealing photos

I found out about this page from another site. Some of the photos are from jetphotos and other sites.

Just to let you know on the forums.

Thanks for the head up !!

Comment

They even admit where they're taking the pictures from.

Probably some stupid kid based on the mindless "guess the plane" crap he/she keeps posting.

Seems like they stole the whole dang database. I gave up trying to go through them all.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
        Probably some stupid kid based on the mindless "guess the plane" crap he/she keeps posting.

Yep. And then when people reply something his reply is "well how do you know". If that's the case, easy to deal with. Send him a DMCA takendown threatening legal action and/or calling the FBI and they get spooked.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

And if you try to explain him that all pictures are stolen he just bans you and delete the comment... very very smart kid....

Comment

Next to the message button, click "Report This Page" in the drop down menu...I reported it for scam.

Comment

I've reported it to facebook admin. Not holding my breath though.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Looks like it's gone. The link doesn't work anymore or else they did something to make it where only members can see it. I don't use FB so I have no idea how it all works.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                  Looks like it's gone. The link doesn't work anymore or else they did something to make it where only members can see it. I don't use FB so I have no idea how it all works.
                  I just checked and it is still there. I tried to see if any of mine are in there but it took too long. I check through here with the photo statistics page but I don't know if that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR View Post
                    I just checked and it is still there. I tried to see if any of mine are in there but it took too long. I check through here with the photo statistics page but I don't know if that will help.
                    They must have put it back because it was not working earlier.

Comment

I put this comment up on their main page. Doubt it will make any difference but it felt good doing it.

Brian Whitelegg This Facebook page consists of images stolen from various websites, mostly www.jetphotos.net, www.airliners.net and www.planespotters net and some from www.plane-pictures.net. Such theft amounts to copyright theft and is prosecutable in a court of law. The administrator/s of this Facebook page would be well advised to remove all images that they cannot show written proof of permission to use from the various individual photographers.
                      JetPhotos.Net - Aviation, Aircraft, Airplane Pictures & News
                      www.jetphotos.netOnline aviation photo database, featuring over 2 million photographs of jet airliners, general aviation airplanes, business jets, cargo planes, military aircraft, discussion forums, aircraft census and more. The Friendly Way to Fly.See more
                      Like ·Reply · Remove Preview · 3 minutes ago

.......Much the same as putting this comment on the first hundred or so images did ....

Brian Whitelegg This image has been stolen. The copyright owner has not given permission for its use. You are committing a criminal offence by posting it here.
                      Last edited by brianw999; 2013-09-25, 12:15.

Comment

Goodness gracious me ! Seems that I'm prevented from posting on that page now !! What a surprise !!!

Comment

I already contacted one of the photogs there (FDX777) to let him know about his photo being used. I've kept an eye on the page to see if any of my stuff pops up so I can send Facebook a DMCA takedown notice.
                          [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
                            I already contacted one of the photogs there (FDX777) to let him know about his photo being used. I've kept an eye on the page to see if any of my stuff pops up so I can send Facebook a DMCA takedown notice.
                            What is a DMCA takedown notice ? ....and where would we send it please. ?

Comment

I was looking at their front page. Either I'm going daft or it's an optical illusion but it looks like this Qatar 787 has a left wing approximately 1/3rd shorter than the right wing ????

Comment

Working...
                              X