Thai A330 accident at BKK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai A330 accident at BKK

According to Flightradar24, a Thai A330 has overrun on landing at BKK. The aircraft was operating from TG 679 from Guangzhou.

Initial photos show that both reversers are still deployed, nosegear collapsed. There appearsto be a fire from the right side; slides are also deployed.

Aircraft is HS-TEF, one of the airline's older A330s:

thankfully all souls alive and accounted for: http://airchive.com/blog/2013/09/08/...ght-679-crash/

Comment

According to this article the airline name & logo has been blacked out to protect the aitlines reputation:
      Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
        According to this article the airline name & logo has been blacked out to protect the aitlines reputation:
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...world&ir=World
        Is Thailand one of those countries sanctioned by the EU for too many accidents? I think Indonesia or Singapore were banned from EU airspace because of things like that.

Comment

Apparently it was a failure of one of the MLG bogie beams that caused the runway departure, occuring 1000 ft after touchdown. The NG did not collapse but was obviously compromised after departing the runway.

Comment

Anybody ever hear the final outcome of that plane in India that went off the end of the runway and into a canyon at the end?

Comment

Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
              Anybody ever hear the final outcome of that plane in India that went off the end of the runway and into a canyon at the end?
              I think it's been written off.

Comment

Meaning not really investigated?

Comment

Meaning not really investigated?
                  You asked what the outcome of the plane was, not the investigation, you have to be a little bit more specific here

Comment

Is Thailand one of those countries sanctioned by the EU for too many accidents? I think Indonesia or Singapore were banned from EU airspace because of things like that.
                    Singapore most certainly not, and not Thai Airways either to my knowledge. Indonesia has huge safety issues compared to the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                      You asked what the outcome of the plane was, not the investigation, you have to be a little bit more specific here
                      "Final outcome" means what the air safety authorities in India did about the loss. The disposal of the plane body is way, way short of "final" in a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                        Singapore most certainly not, and not Thai Airways either to my knowledge. Indonesia has huge safety issues compared to the other two.
                        I was probably thinking of Indonesia.

Though the article at this link suggests Thai airlines aren't the cream of the global crop for safety. http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...110-2cikq.html

Comment

Working...
                        X