Slow FSX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow FSX?

On Flight Simulator X I've tried turning the traffic up for Free Mode but it's really slow, probably because the Computer has to concentrate on a lot of things. Is it faster if you go on Multiplayer Mode because someone else is controling all the other planes?

Nope. As long as the computer has to generate the image, its going to be hogging resources. Your best bet is to prioritize what's important to you in terms of scenery, traffic, weather, etc., and turn those up while turning the rest down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
      Nope. As long as the computer has to generate the image, its going to be hogging resources. Your best bet is to prioritize what's important to you in terms of scenery, traffic, weather, etc., and turn those up while turning the rest down.
      But what he says is true....in Multiplayer mode my FPS were much better than in Single Player mode.
      Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Originally posted by N9103M
        But what he says is true....in Multiplayer mode my FPS were much better than in Single Player mode.
        Thats true with FS9 too.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by N9103M
          I stand corrected...is that on VATSIM or in the FSX game spy server?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet2.com
            On Flight Simulator X I've tried turning the traffic up for Free Mode but it's really slow, probably because the Computer has to concentrate on a lot of things. Is it faster if you go on Multiplayer Mode because someone else is controling all the other planes?
            If you don't have Windows Vista or DirectX 10 your FSX will run slow (depending on what you have your FSX settings set to) because the FSX graphics are designed to take advantage of Vista and DX10.

Regards,

GJ
            "A pilot lives in a world of perfection or does not live at all."

Comment

Originally posted by badboys777
              If you don't have Windows Vista or DirectX 10 your FSX will run slow (depending on what you have your FSX settings set to) because the FSX graphics are designed to take advantage of Vista and DX10.

Regards,

GJ
              I'm running XP with all settings maxed except for clouds(draw @ 60miles and medium dencity) and water effects . Im reciving around 15-20 fps in all views.

Comment

Working...
              X