• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear God, you're right.

Someone, hit me.

Hard.

Comment

Definatey an ASA ATR from behind...

Wow, what an illusion! I was on the UAV thought process too!
      Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Originally posted by N9103M
        Definatey an ASA ATR from behind...

Wow, what an illusion! I was on the UAV thought process too!
        Turning in spotter card now.

It's an interesting phenomena that once our mind has a theory about what we are seeing it is difficult not to look at things in light of the theory. This is especially true when the information that we are looking at is ambiguous. A second picture with a slightly different view would likely have clarified this fairly easily, but we had to go with what we had.

I thought it was a UAV as it did resemble the Heron, although the dimensions didn't fit, so I was checking to see if it was some other similar UAV.

It is similar to the phenomena of looking at a flying aircraft in silouhette. It can be hard to tell if it's coming or going just looking at a picture.

In the process of looking at this aircraft, I magnified it a bit to try to clarify what we were looking at:

Terry
        Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
        How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X