ANA 787 Emergency Landing in TAK - FAA grounds 787

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA 787 Emergency Landing in TAK - FAA grounds 787

Reported as a "battery malfunction warning" by CNBC. All pax and crew safe.

Destination was HND.

Last edited by seahawk; 2013-01-17, 06:11.
    AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
    the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Japan's two main airlines ground their Boeing 787 Dreamliners after one was forced to make an emergency landing because of battery problems.

Gabriel will tell us its no big deal... You couldnt pay me to get on one of these shitboxes .

Comment

Grounded !!!

ANA to Ground All Dreamliners in Fleet After Series of Glitches - NHK

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
        http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21038128#TWEET527941

Gabriel will tell us its no big deal... You couldnt pay me to get on one of these shitboxes .
        Just in (CNBC):

ANA Airways suspending all Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights for emergency inspection, following emergency landing tonight.
        AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
        the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

17 out of how many? This is unreal. Hey Gabriel how is your teething pain?

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
            http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...09U05G20130116

17 out of how many? This is unreal. Hey Gabriel how is your teething pain?
            Okay, you are right. It's a pain in the ass. Like when Qantas and others grounded the A380 fleet to check the engines.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

and out come the airbus fanboys....

Comment

But its not just ONE thing its multiple things.. battery fires, fuel spills, oil spills, smoke in the cockpit.. Within 1 WEEK !!!!!

Its a different bag of rice here.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

Yup Im a fanboy of not riding a piece of shit and dying on it.

Comment

I for one wanted to beleive they were teething pains but....too many different problems in too many aircraft in such a short span of time. Boeing needs do something asap before trust in the aircraft is completely undermined.

I wonder why they went through the problem of deploying the chutes in this particular one if it wasn't a serious emergency. That's gonna be expensive!

Edit: Didn't read about the smoke on the cockpit now that's true emergency....not looking good.
                    AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                      Yep, you just know they're beyond gleeful right now. I know a few from the other site who would probably love to see a 787 go down in flames, literally.

Comment

I merged the 2 threads about this topic. And please do not discuss each other, discuss the incident.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300 View Post
                          Yep, you just know they're beyond gleeful right now. I know a few from the other site who would probably love to see a 787 go down in flames, literally.
                          Oh come on, no serious enthusiast can be happy about this. In the end competition is good for everyone.
                          As for fanboys, there is also the Scarebus camp. Many were mighty happy about AF447 and talked sh*t about the airbus concept. There were even a few of them here, and I remember one had a nose-diving A380 as his avatar. There were also plenty of happy people about the cracks in the brackets in the wings of the A380.
                          So it's not about that. The real question is, what's causing the 787 issues, which by now can't be ignored. Is it a concern? Is it from the fact some hydraulic systems have been replaced by electrical systems in its architecture.

Comment

So when you cant logically defend the plane you blame "airbus fanboys" ?

I thought the batteries were only used on the ground with engines off ( per the BOS incident ).

Comment

As an erstwhile parlourtalker, I'm just surprised at the unfortunate-for-Boeing confluence of incidents. I don't know how much time has elapsed since each of the planes rolled off the line but I have to wonder if some maintenance practises might be involved. Obviously that doesn't account for the windshields but coming as close together as they do, it strikes me as something of a perfect storm of negative publicity for a new, much-ballyhooed airframe

Arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X