Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
    RIght. So at this point either we have found a trace piece of wreckage from MH370 or there is a B777 running around without a flaperon. I wonder which one it is....
    No other 777 is unaccounted for, but that doesn't mean that no other 777 flaperon is unaccounted for.
    It could be a new flaperon that was never assembled in a plane (a spare part), or
    A replaced (old, scrap) flaperon from another (or the same) 777.

Not saying that any of these are likely, just saying that it being part of MH370 or having a 777 flying around without a flaperon aren't the only possibilities.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      No other 777 is unaccounted for, but that doesn't mean that no other 777 flaperon is unaccounted for.
      It could be a new flaperon that was never assembled in a plane (a spare part), or

Not saying that any of these are likely, just saying that it being part of MH370 or having a 777 flying around without a flaperon aren't the only possibilities.
      Yes, I'm sure the SOP is to discard the old ones in the Indian Ocean.

Comment

• WE know it came from MH370,
        THE MEDIA know it came from MH370,
        BOEING know it came from MH370,
        MALAYSIAN AIRLINES know it came from MH370,

But no one can PROVE it came from MH370

So.....

To avoid legal actions from money grabbing profiteers....

No one will SAY it came from MH370.

What a sad world we live in ?
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Yes, I'm sure the SOP is to discard the old ones in the Indian Ocean.
          No but it could be just trash it, and trash might find its way to the Indian Ocean. Again: Likeley? Nahhhhh

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Is a flaperon really a spare part? Are they ever replaced? Unless badly damaged somehow, I doubt a 777 flaperon would ever find its way to being scrapped. The actuators, fittings prone to wear and tear, yes, but the thing itself?

If a flaperon had been damaged enough to replace, that would be a rare and documented incident. I don't think it would be hard to check against any 777 fleet incidents. Also, this flaperon was said to exhibit damage consistent with a violent separation from the wing. Unless maintenance procedure is to tear them off, I think we can safely say this one belongs to the one B777 that is currently missing.

Comment

I think we can safely say this one belongs to the one B777 that is currently missing.
              I think so. Even if not fully impossible, the chances of a random 777 flaperon going missing and, by chance, ending showing up when and where you expected that debris of MH would show up is barely short of impossible.

Comment

• French prosecutor supervising the inquiry on MH370 crash has released a statement confirming "with certainity" that the flaperon discovered in La Reunion originated from Flight 370 aircraft.

Records from the spanish company manufacturing the parts showed that one of the parts identification numbers matched with the part delivered to MH370 aircraft.

Last edited by flyerforfun; 2015-09-03, 16:31. Reason: more details

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerforfun View Post
                  French prosecutor supervising the inquiry on MH370 crash has released a statement confirming "with certainity" that the flaperon discovered in La Reunion originated from Flight 370 aircraft.

Records from the spanish company manufacturing the parts showed that one of the parts identification numbers matched with the part delivered to MH370 aircraft.

http://www.lemonde.fr/international/...5171_3210.html
                  Good news, now is time to follow the Ocean current in that area. Or drop a buoy and calculate speed and heading for that buoy, I think we can calculate everything else. A buoy with a GPS transmitter attached to it would do a good job.
                  A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• BBC also has an article confirming the .. err .. confirmation.

But on Thursday they said a technician from Airbus Defense and Space (ADS-SAU) in Spain, which had made the part for Boeing, had formally identified one of three numbers found on the flaperon as being the same as the serial number on MH370.
                    Two things surprise me:
                    1. that it took so long for a technician to identify the serial number.
                    2. that the part is made for Boeing by Airbus...

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34145127

Comment

• Ditching

In addition, French investigators see signs of ditching rather than crash

Comment

• Originally posted by sjwk View Post
                        that the part is made for Boeing by Airbus...

Could that be our first clue why the part came off

Comment

• Some weird news coming from the Philippines today:

A teenager hunting for birds in the jungle of a Philippine island claims to have stumbled upon a fuselage “full of skeletons” and a Malaysian flag, and authorities believe it could be from missing Flight MH370.
                          The coastal wreckage in Tawi Tawi was under investigation by local authorities in Malaysia’s Sabah region Monday.
                          The finding was reported by Jamil Omar of Borneo, 46, who says his nephew made the grim discovery in September, but didn’t realize what it was as he has no access to television or newspapers.
                          “There was a skeleton still in the pilot’s seat. The pilot had his safety belt on and the communication gear attached to his head and ears,” Omar told local police, Free Malaysia Today reports.

A teenager hunting for birds in the jungle of a Philippine island claims to have stumbled upon a fuselage “full of skeletons” and a Malaysian flag, and authorities believe it could be f…

A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• I saw that last night, but didn't post it because it just came across as way too tabloidish.

It still sounds way too weird, but at this point, nothing would be surprising.

However, here is the one problem. They find the flaperon on Réunion, but most of the aircraft in the Philippines. Given the location of both places, it just does not make any logical sense.

Comment

• I'm confused here... Where is this wreckage site supposed to be? In the Philippines or in Sabah (the Malaysian part of Borneo)? The website obviously couldn't even get the geography straight...

Comment

• Philippine Authorities reject claims

Comment

Working...
                                X