No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still remember someone said Indian Ocean. And nobody believed him.
    And also I wonder how many other pieces have been found and sold to their local metal recycling companies....
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Good news is that all the nonsense theories of MH370 deviated to Kasarkstan, landing in remote islands, etc will end

Comment

• I just can't believe Jeff Wise was wrong. I mean New York Magazine ran the story and everything. He was on TV. He's a pseudo-expert authority. No, the Russians did it and cleverly planted this scrap of evidence (probably with lifting straps). That much is obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
          I still remember someone said Indian Ocean. And nobody believed him.:
          4 days after the aircraft went missing I postulated that one of the crew put this airplane into the ocean on purpose. I further said that it was most likely done in either the Sunda Trench or the Diamantina Deep in Diamantina Trench. These are the two deepest parts of the Indian ocean. The ocean drift patterns show the perfect patterns for either of these two places for where the debris was just found.

Comment

• Some reports of luggage near the flaperon location.

Suitcases have reportedly been found on Réunion Island in the Indian Ocean, the same location where debris resembling a flaperon suspected of being from MH370 was recently discovered. The Malaysian Deputy Transport Minister has said, “it is almost certain that the flaperon is from a Boeing 777.”

Comment

• I am also dubious about the supposed suitcase found. The picture of it posted on the internet makes it look like a brand new bag. It would be covered with all kinds of barnacles and other crap just like the piece found.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                I am also dubious about the supposed suitcase found. The picture of it posted on the internet makes it look like a brand new bag. It would be covered with all kinds of barnacles and other crap just like the piece found.
                Bernacles don't like nylon, rubber and other stuff manufactured with chemicals.
                A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                  Bernacles don't like nylon, rubber and other stuff manufactured with chemicals.

Not true at all! And the suitcase looks like it just came out of the department store.

Comment

• Barnacles don't like plastic or rubber! Maybe Bernacles don't, but barnacles sure do!

Comment

• A search in the area will start

The discovery of an airplane fragment is being viewed as a "major lead" in the hunt for missing Flight MH370, Australia's deputy prime minister said.

Comment

• Hopefully the relatives of those lost will soon be able to get some closure to their ordeal.
                        My thoughts are with them.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                          I am also dubious about the supposed suitcase found. The picture of it posted on the internet makes it look like a brand new bag. It would be covered with all kinds of barnacles and other crap just like the piece found.
                          Remind me never to buy a suitcase from where you get yours. That one is torn to shreds.
                          Barnacles require a hard substrate to attach themselves to. It is entirely possible, indeed probable that the suitcase cloth flapping in the sea was not hard enough to form such a substrate.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            Remind me never to buy a suitcase from where you get yours. That one is torn to shreds.
                            Barnacles require a hard substrate to attach themselves to. It is entirely possible, indeed probable that the suitcase cloth flapping in the sea was not hard enough to form such a substrate.
                            Brian, better look again my friend. It is a pack pack not a hard suitcase. And I can tell you from experience that I have found sails from boats in the water with barnacles, sea worms and other growths on them while out fishing.

Comment

• What can we learn?

If it is indeed from MH370 what can be learned?

Will they be able to tell if it was a midair break-up, a high speed impact or a "slow" break-up in the water?

Assuming that this particular part is from the back of the wing and assuming a high speed impact, wouldn't it be in a far worse condition then it appear to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by HansPeter View Post
                                If it is indeed from MH370 what can be learned?

Will they be able to tell if it was a midair brake-up, a high speed impact or a "slow" brake-up in the water?

Assuming that this particular part is from the back of the wing and assuming a high speed impact, wouldn't it be in a far worse condition then it appear to be?
                                First off it is a leading edge flap part not a trailing edge flap.

Second it is break as in broken not brake like on your automobile!

Comment

Working...
                                X