• Show
Clear All

• Emirates rumored new destinations

Emirates maybe launching following new destinations:

Boston
    Kabul (currently a cargo station)
    Nassau
    Oslo

I'd heard about Boston, Oslo and even Kabul, but Nassau? I doubt that somehow.

I've also heard that Stockholm is on the radar in the near future.

Comment

Stockholm is confirmed from September, Oslo rumored from February and now there's also Miami and Chicago (currently cargo only) in the running.

Kabul may not happen as Fly Dubai are adding J cabin to their fleet, Nassau might have been confused with Miami.

Comment

So Kabul did happen and that too daily with F class suites who would have imagined that ever.

Now Brussels is rumored for August.

Comment

Yeah... local airlines look out... we're coming to destroy you...

Comment

Oslo on from 2 September

Comment

Boston started this week as well, and average loads are over 90%.

If they can maintain that (once the inaugural fare sales are gone), then that route looks like a winner for them, even with TK in the market.
              Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                Yeah... local airlines look out... we're coming to destroy you...
                Originally posted by ConcordeBoy View Post
                Boston started this week as well, and average loads are over 90%. If they can maintain that (once the inaugural fare sales are gone), then that route looks like a winner for them, even with TK in the market.
                I can imagine that this does not sit well with AA and DL...

Not to be regression-ist, but the article is a scary/good read...
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                  I can imagine that this does not sit well with AA and DL.
                  I'd imagine that BA, AF, and LH would be far more upset than DL/AA.

Where does DL really even compete with EK to, other than DXB, BOM, and JNB? AA doesn't fly to any of the above.

Compare that to how exposed the Euro carriers are to the ME3, including their feed from the USA to the MidEast, Africa, and south Asia.
                  Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Unrelated but EK are leaving Conakry from 8 April and Clark ends 2 May.

Comment

Emirates also launched the first A380 London Gatwick service on 30th March.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Emirates has also recently announced non-stop A380 service between Dubai, UAE and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, USA starting in October 2014.

Rick G.

Comment

Well - I might have said it before, but anyone rejoicing at the prospect of Emirates (or Etihad or Qatar) coming to their town better start saving money, because once your local airlines are all gone, you'll be able to watch how they will make the passengers bleed (and spend many useless hours in transit in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha).

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
                            Emirates has also recently announced non-stop A380 service between Dubai, UAE and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, USA starting in October 2014.

Rick G.
                            Well - I'd say that's the end of Qantas' DFW service.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                              Well - I'd say that's the end of Qantas' DFW service.
                              Don't QANTAS and Emirates codeshare though ?
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                              X