No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After looking at the BBC article and the red dot on the map showing a possible location, I was beginning to think about another scenario of what happened to MH370. What about: one of the pilots wanted to take the flight to Perth in silence (maybe to ask for asylum in Australia) and something went wrong on the way?
    Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2014-04-07, 19:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
      There were reports that the flight recorders may not have been properly maintained and that the battery life may be significantly shorter than that.

One 37.5 khz claimed by the Chinese and another claimed by the Aussies 300km away. Maybe it is still flying underwater...
      If so, another unique aspect of this incident! So if the crash happened on 3/7, the battery is either dead or close to. 24 days in March, 6 in April. That's 30 right there.

Comment

• Seems like there is a "terrorist" group in Malaysia and they love to "kidnap" chinese citizens:
        Kuala Lumpur (AFP) - Kidnappers holding a Chinese tourist who was abducted from a resort on Malaysia's Borneo island have made a phone call to her family in China, a senior security official said Sunday.

He said the gunmen have communicated with the family of Gao Huayuan, 29, whom Philippine security forces believe is being held in Jolo island in the southern Philippines.

"They have made telephone contact with her family," Mohammad Mentek, director-general of the security command in the east of Malaysia's Sabah state, told AFP.

The Abu Sayyaf, a small band of militants infamous for kidnapping for ransom, are the prime suspects in Wednesday's abduction of the Chinese tourist and a Filipina resort worker, Marcy Dayawan, 40.
        A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
          After looking at the BBC articla and the red dot on the map showing a possible location, I was beginning to think about another scenario of what happened to MH370. What about: one of the pilots wanted to take the flight to Perth in silence (maybe to ask for asylum in Australia) and something went wrong on the way?
          I would honestly doubt that Malaysia is a country you'd want to seek asylum from, especially for a prosperous ethnic Malay with a fancy house and a prestigious job. And if one of them did want to leave, conventional emigration for people like those pilots is reasonably achievable.

As the prior discussion about Arabic versus Malay showed, I do sense some misunderstànding about the nature of Malaysia as a country and as a society.

Comment

• Hey Gabriel, They are looking awfully close to,

What do you say now?

Also got this today from another pilot friend, It is not by me I swear!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
              Also got this today from another pilot friend, It is not by me I swear!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/MH370/commen..._flight_mh370/
              Wow! Amazing assumption! Yes, probably the very guessed since the very beginning, but what a well narrated! Scary btw!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby;620172.......
                .......Also got this today from another pilot friend, It is not by me I swear!!

[url
                http://www.reddit.com/r/MH370/comments/20m026/my_theory_about_flight_mh370/[/url]
                ....and that sums up what I think happened based on the evidence available.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
                  ...............Insulting post deleted...................
                  you really should keep this kind of shit off the board. if you feel the desperate need to insult people, do it by private message.
                  Last edited by brianw999; 2014-04-07, 11:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
                    ..............Insulting post deleted..................

Who drooled in your oatmeal this morning? Do you have any idea how much it bothers me that you think I am not a "real" pilot?
                    Last edited by brianw999; 2014-04-07, 11:22.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                      you really should keep this kind of shit off the board. if you feel the desperate need to insult people, do it by private message.
                      I agree. Post deleted.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                        Hey Gabriel, They are looking awfully close to,

What do you say now?
                        Yep.

BB, Please understand that when I said that they were looking far from it, was simply because they were. I've never meant to say "no, the pilot wold not do that".

In fact, I was the first one (in this forum at least) to propose "pilot suicide" as a possible explanation of what happened. That was just a couple of days after the accident when they didn't find the wreckage right where they lost radar contact. We still didn't even know about the turn back tracked by secondary radar back then.

But to be clear: pilot murdercide (I also was the first one to use this word in this thread) was and still is for me the most logical theory, and has been since a few days after the accident, and the only one that fits well in what we know so far. When you posted your theory, which refined this theory with more detail, I thought it was a good speculation, and still think so. I don't know if the pilot went as far as investigate a deep trench and head for there. Not because it is too weird, but because, if I was the pilot, I wouldn't fly a straight line all the way to exhaust the fuel (what seems to be the case here) if I wanted to crash in one specific coordinate. Especially if I'm already dead to control the last glide. But I don't discard it at all.

Now we need data to corroborate or discard this speculation.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• If suicide is the purpose, how does using all the fuel matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by EconomyClass View Post
                            If suicide is the purpose, how does using all the fuel matter?
                            If you take your time to investigate one specific point in the Indian Ocean where there is a very deep point where to crash so as recovering the wreckage would be almost impossible, then exhausting all your fuel will play against this plot since it makes more difficult to crash exactly where you wanted, especially if you relay on the AP to do that while you are sleeping forever in self-induced hypoxia: You don't know exactly where the plane will exhaust the fuel and the AP will disconnect when both engines stop running.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Note: this is a few hundred miles away of where the Chinese sheep detected the signal for 90 seconds. Nothing against China, but I trust this Australian lead more.

On Apr 7th 2014 the JACC reported that ADV Ocean Shield detected their 37.5kHz pulsed ping signals over a period of 140 minutes before losing them, the vessel subsquently turned around, and on the return leg received the ping signals again for 13 minutes. ADV Ocean Shield has identified two distinct sources of pings. The ping signals are consistent with those of a flight data or cockpit voice recorder. It is not yet verified, whether these signals are related to MH-370. The coordinator said however, this is the best lead so far. Haixun 01's signals had been detected over a period of 90 seconds (not minutes) on Saturday (Apr 5th).

On Apr 7th 2014 Malaysia's Minister of Transport confirmed that ADV Ocean Shield detected two distinct sources of ping signals, about 1650 km/890nm northwest of Perth (editorial note: and about 1000km/545nm westnorthwest of Learmonth), consistent with both the flight data and cockpit voice recorder, first for a period of 140 minutes, after turning around during the return leg over 13 minutes. While this is the best and most promising lead so far, it is not yet confirmed these signals originate from the blackboxes of MH-370.

On Apr 7th 2014 Australia's Navy reported ADV Ocean Shield with 34 people on board had been towing the ping locator in a depth of 3000 meters in waters 4500 meters deep when the ping signals consistent with underwater locator beacons as used with blackboxes were detected about 600nm west of Exmouth,WA (Australia).
                              Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Comment

• Gabriel, I did not think you were disagreeing with me at all, I was just pointing out that this is "kinda" close to where I was theorizing he was headed from the 3rd day after it went missing. That or the Java trench.

I still think he dove it in at max speed he could fully awake and manually.

And I gave Brian credit for the murdercide, I thought he said it first, but doesn't matter I think the word should be added to wikipedia!

TeeVee & Brian, Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
                                X