Big mess, close call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    That is why we have minima. I didn't make that up.
    "We"?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      "We"?
      Aw, come one.

Yes, "we" as in: the FAA (and aviation regulation agencies worldwide), the airplane manufacturers, the airlines, the pilots, the passengers that expect to disembark at the terminal and not onto the mud at the end of the runway, the plane spotters hanging to the perimeter fence that expect not not be run over by an airplane, and the mothers, fathers, relatives and friends of all of those.

"We" as in "the society in general".

He could have said "That's why there are minimima".

(Evan, to prepare this defense took me longer than 3WE's one. Have your checkbook ready).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        Aw, come one.

Yes, "we" as in: the FAA (and aviation regulation agencies worldwide), the airplane manufacturers, the airlines, the pilots, the passengers that expect to disembark at the terminal and not onto the mud at the end of the runway, the plane spotters hanging to the perimeter fence that expect not not be run over by an airplane, and the mothers, fathers, relatives and friends of all of those.

"We" as in "the society in general".

He could have said "That's why there are minimima".

(Evan, to prepare this defense took me longer than 3WE's one. Have your checkbook ready).
        I dunno...Evan came very close to a violation of the pimple-faced-flight-simmers-on-obscure-aviation-fora-making-overly-strong-statements-about-things-for-which-they-do-not-really-have-first-hand-knowledge rule.

ATL has a fairly good case here and maybe he will send me a whole SET expired of approach plates, (if I cover postage and handling) if I take on this case as an expert in ass-hat parlour talk.

...of course, I'm sure "we" are tablet-based now and "we" might have discarded our old paper versions already.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

"We"?
          Yes, "we". Minima, CRM, the FAA and all those redundant systems and safe procedures exist for "we, the people". They are our defense against reckless pilots who might, for instance, decide to land on an occupied runway based purely on their own confidence level. They exist to protect "we, the flying public" from the poor judgment of the individual.

(Gabriel, I'll be sure to call on you when I need a good defense against a tougher accusation. I can handle these softballs on my own.)

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            (Gabriel, I'll be sure to call on you when I need a good defense against a tougher accusation. I can handle these softballs on my own.)
            If you think that was an "accusation", you've lived a very sheltered life (someting I've suspected for a while). The only thing you know about limitations is that they exist, which hardly gives you the right to use them as an admonishment.

Comment

If you think that was an "accusation", you've lived a very sheltered life (someting I've suspected for a while). The only thing you know about limitations is that they exist, which hardly gives you the right to use them as an admonishment.
              Yes. I've been living a life sheltered here under something called Title 14 - Aeronautics and Space and the only thing I know about limitations with regard to this thread is a little something called § 91.123 Compliance With ATC Clearances and Instructions. You will also find there another piece of shelter called § 91.111 Operating Near Other Aircraft. (both of which I expect to find the Japanese also living under).

But tell me, just what did you mean by questioning my use of the word "we"?

Comment

Working...
              X