Malaysia T7 down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Huffington Post:

Anton Gerashenko, an adviser to Ukraine's interior minister, said on his Facebook page the plane was flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters (33,000 feet) when it was hit by a missile fired from a Buk launcher. A similar launcher was seen by Associated Press journalists near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne earlier Thursday. The Buk missile system can fire missiles up to an altitude of 22,000 meters (72,000 feet).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ushpmg00000067

Comment

This is very sad.

Today is also the day TWA800 crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by andyb99 View Post
        Russians and Ukraine armed forces denying it too
        If indeed it was shot down - It is soon going to be obvious by whom.

We can be pretty sure there is blanket radar coverage of that area which is likely to show the track of the missile and/or plane. Russia, Ukraine and the US surveillance at least. While the guilty side may wish to 'lose' this data - the other side will have it on YouTube very soon. Then the denials are going to rebound.

No matter how bad the original incident is - any cover up is going to look worse when exposed.

Comment

I have a question.

Some twitter links send photos of the crash site, with human bodies among the wreckage without apparent serious burns or torn clothing, could it give an idea about the kind of the impact, just like an inflight break-up ?

In my short life I only have seen a crash site once, that of a PA-32 wich has exceeded its MTOW. The aircraft quickly stalled, turned into a fire ball and disintegrated at impact. Except the pilot, charred, and stood frozen like a statue in a sitting posture and the hands on the yoke, nearly no remains from the four passengers bodies were recovered, they were vaporized...

Comment

is it unusual for a 777 to be cruising that low?? the news here says it is...just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
              I will predict this is the end of the Putin regime, I hope he personally gets criminally charged for this travesty
              Why? I don't think anything happened to the US President when the USN shot down a civilian Airbus with similar loss of life ...

Comment

is it unusual for a 777 to be cruising that low?? the news here says it is...just wondering
                32000/33000ft is not that low

Due to the amount of fuel, long haul flights typically begin at lower alt, and as they burn more fuel, climb to higher altitudes later during flight.

Looking at past flights of MH17, the flight first climbs to 31,000ft, then 33,000ft, and gradually goes to 37,000ft before descent.

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
                  I will predict this is the end of the Putin regime, I hope he personally gets criminally charged for this travesty
                  Not likely. KAL007. US/Soviet relations actually improved shortly after that one.

Comment

ah ok...thanks for the info...for us non experts its hard to know whats real news on the tv and whats just their speculation....now they are saying it should not have been in that block of airspace....not banned...but advised against with the route plans.

heres the thing...of all the airlines across the world......2 in less than a few months.....co-incidence ??
                    something is not right!

Comment

ah ok...thanks for the info...for us non experts its hard to know whats real news on the tv and whats just their speculation....now they are saying it should not have been in that block of airspace....not banned...but advised against with the route plans.

heres the thing...of all the airlines across the world......2 in less than a few months.....co-incidence ??
                      something is not right!
                      Actually yes it is a complete coincidence. Reading into it anymore than that is silly.

Comment

Not a coincidence

Translated:
                        [http://translate.google.com/translat...17185321.shtml

Original:
                        Главные новости политики, экономики и бизнеса, комментарии аналитиков, финансовые данные с российских и мировых биржевых систем на сайте rbc.ru.

Same exact 21 sq mile small city (Torez).

Same time (article states 4pm local and Ukrainian ATC states it lost MH17 at 5:15pm local).

Russian militiamen claim to have shot I down a Ukrainian AN-26.

It would appear that either they misidentified the AC and that this is the smoking gun -or- this info to/from RBC.RU was manipulated.

As it happens, The Onexim Group, which is headed by Mikhail Prokhorov, owns a 51.1% stake in the Russian media company RBC. Prokhorov has spent a few days in jail courtesy of Putin and, at one point, ran against Putin (for president).

Comment

Malaysia has very "rough" neighbors, and that always has been my theory of Malaysia 370. It was intercepted and destroyed by a vietnamese Sukkoi fighter.
                          And now we have another airplane, trying to get to Kuala Lampur, on a very dangerous and hostile airspace.
                          A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Reports of a debris field 9 miles long.

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                              Malaysia 370. It was intercepted and destroyed
                              West of Australia????

I agree with you in one thing:

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X