Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taca a330-200?

Hi,
    So recently I was reading up on TACA Airlines and came across their Wikipedia page. It currently states that TACA has two A330-243's on order. While this got me very excited, I cannot seem to find much more on this anywhere else and I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source out there. Could they be acquiring these aircraft from Avianca since they merged not to long ago? And what routes could they want these aircraft for? The first route that came to mind was SAL- MAD, but seeing as Iberia is starting this route Oct. 2 I find it hard to believe that there is enough demand on this route for two airlines to compete on and Iberia already has MAD-SJO. Of course there are other routes they can use them for like JFK/MIA/LAX - SAL/SJO. I just really hope this is true because it would be great to see my countries airline get into the widebody business. If anyone has anymore information on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Rene

Originally posted by renetrujillo View Post
    Hi,
    So recently I was reading up on TACA Airlines and came across their Wikipedia page. It currently states that TACA has two A330-243's on order. While this got me very excited, I cannot seem to find much more on this anywhere else and I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source out there. Could they be acquiring these aircraft from Avianca since they merged not to long ago? And what routes could they want these aircraft for? The first route that came to mind was SAL- MAD, but seeing as Iberia is starting this route Oct. 2 I find it hard to believe that there is enough demand on this route for two airlines to compete on and Iberia already has MAD-SJO. Of course there are other routes they can use them for like JFK/MIA/LAX - SAL/SJO. I just really hope this is true because it would be great to see my countries airline get into the widebody business. If anyone has anymore information on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Rene
    I found a post on Airliners.net that says, in summary, that they may take some A330's that were originally ordered for Avianca. Here is the link to the post:

Comment

Thanks eldorado59. Definitely a cool article.

Comment

Working...
      X