Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LH plans long-haul, LCC (with possibly TK patnership)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH plans long-haul, LCC (with possibly TK patnership)...

It is expanding its European budget offshoot, and said Wednesday that it also plans "to create a competitive new long-haul platform ... for the price-sensitive segment."

Lufthansa says it's considering whether to do that alone or with a partner and is in advanced talks with Turkish Airlines. It says the that the new long-haul operation is expected to launch in winter 2015, with a fleet that will gradually be built up to nine Boeing 767 or Airbus A330 aircraft.

http://news.yahoo.com/germanys-lufth...9TeB0ABL7QtDMD
    I hope that they are able to partner with TK on this one. I guess that AirBerlin is making a good enough show of it to make it attractive.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I can't really put my head around how this might possibly work. Where will the new airline fly out of? Frankfurt? Munich? Istanbul? One of Lufthansa's strengths in marketing their international product is their image of "German reliability" (hell - it most certainly is NOT friendly customer service... hahaha...) and if they outsource long-haul flights to a carrier this strength will be lost.
    If the new carrier flies mainline routes, like Germany to the US, it will create competition to Lufthansa's own product. Or are we looking at a carrier aimed at competing with Norwegian long-haul on flights to holiday destinations? In that case it might be the easiest thing to give Sunexpress, which already is a Lufthansa/Turkish Airlines jont venture, a long-haul division.

Comment

Working...
    X