Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google is getting WAY too pushy with Google-Plus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google is getting WAY too pushy with Google-Plus!

I've been a Google fan since they first went mainstream. Pretty much have it all: Gmail, Maps, Calendar, Earth, YouTube, etc.

The one thing I don't have, and don't WANT to have, is Google Plus. Apparently, so did a lot of people.

And as of the last few months, they've started pushing it WAY too aggressively. It's now impossible to become a new user to a Google product without signing up for Google+, whose intrusiveness makes Facebook seem like childsplay. Even old users of sites like YouTube cannot now operate it without a Google+ account, and as of this weekend, all commentary is now a part of Google+.

Anyway, my point in this thread, is to ask: what Google alternatives (particularly email) do you guys use?

I'm starting to get more familiar with Bing. Very disappointed with Google, and every day that they further push this Plus crap on us, is a day I move closer to abandoning their use altogether.

Did it once with Hotmail and again with Yahoo. It was a pain, but did it. Looks like I'll have to do it again.
    Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

this is, quite unfortunately, becoming the norm. the "value" of companies like google is tied SOLELY to advertising revenue. android is free and open so they make no money off of it. advertising value is perceived based upon how many viewers the ad reaches. google and their ilk have convinced the world that they control it, and to an extent they do.

i've had google run the mail server for our company for the past 6 years. for the first 4 or so years, we got ZERO spam. now, spam is a regular part of life again. the difference is, i think the spam that comes through is FROM google and its advertisers.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      now, spam is a regular part of life again. the difference is, i think the spam that comes through is FROM google and its advertisers.
      I gotta wonder: who actually responds to, or buys something, or (is dumb enough to click) something, sent by spam??

I've been on the internet since the days of CompuServe in the late '80s/early '90s, and I can assuredly say that I've NEVER attempted to follow/utilize/purchase from a spam email.

So I gotta wonder, what's the real return on all this baseless junk? Are there really people out there who fall for it, in numbers that justify how much crap they send out?
      Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Comment

Working...
      X