This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
    I'd recommend going to www.ldsflyingclub.com and reading some of the tutorials. The 767-300 FMC is very powerful, and the 'tutorial' above is only letting you take advantage of about 15% of its power. Setting up the FMC to make use of both LNAV, VNAV, as well as fuel predictions, SID/STAR/Airway databases, etc. will give you a whole new level of realism in FS.
    to be honest I'd say that my quick tutorial above takes advantage of less then 15% of the FMCs power, thats just the most basic use of it, IMO anyway.

Well, as soon as I get my compute back that has FS on it I'll be doing TNCM-CYYZ-CYVR-PHNL-CYVR-CYYZ-LFPG-CYYZ, all as Air Canada, all in the LDS763

Comment

[Old man voice]You kids and you're fancy computer instrument panels... When I was a youngin we didn't have all that[/Old man voice]
      In all seriousness, FMC and all that seems complicated to me.

Comment

GPS suites me fine

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
          [Old man voice]You kids and you're fancy computer instrument panels... When I was a youngin we didn't have all that[/Old man voice]
          In all seriousness, FMC and all that seems complicated to me.
          once you get your head around all the different functions and basic operation, its really easy, I learned LNAV/VNAV and SID/STAR procedures for the LDS 767 in an afternoon (with some help from good old Andrew C).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
            once you get your head around all the different functions and basic operation, its really easy, I learned LNAV/VNAV and SID/STAR procedures for the LDS 767 in an afternoon (with some help from good old Andrew C).
            Yeah im planning on learning the LDS 767 then doing a small VA with MyTravel. Just like Dale's Jet2 one.

Comment

I've done SDF-LCK & GYE-UIO in a UPS 727 in the last couple of days. The Quito approach was fun...popped out of the clouds 4 miles from the airport, 2,000 AGL, with the airport to my front right....

...and I made the runway.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                Yeah im planning on learning the LDS 767 then doing a small VA with MyTravel. Just like Dale's Jet2 one.
                nice, what happened to the plans for Executive?

whats the link to the Jet2 VA?

Comment

I just done..

RJTT - RJOO - RJTT

First leg in a ANA 767 and then back in a 777

Look out for a screenshot thread on it

Comment

nice, what happened to the plans for Executive?

whats the link to the Jet2 VA?
                    Joe has abit of coursework to do so it will be abit delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                      Joe has abit of coursework to do so it will be abit delayed.
                      ah, alright, what about the Jet2 V website?

Comment

ah, alright, what about the Jet2 V website?
                        It's a private one he doesnt have a website

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                          ah, alright

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                            Errrm, excuse me, I do have fingers and I can type with them. Thus in future I'll answer for myself thanks rather than you asking me on MSN which you did just minutes ago and then ignorantly posting the answer for me.

Just another way for you to build up your post count quicker I suppose?

Anyway Chris back on topic, no I'm afraid it's just my own little V/A that I have. Feel free to ask any questions though

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                              Errrm, excuse me, I do have fingers and I can type with them. Thus in future I'll answer for myself thanks rather than you asking me on MSN which you did just minutes ago and then ignorantly posting the answer for me.

Just another way for you to build up your post count quicker I suppose?

Anyway Chris back on topic, no I'm afraid it's just my own little V/A that I have. Feel free to ask any questions though
                              hahahaha, ahh, alright, so how exactly does it work if theres no website? are there any members, or is it just you?

Comment

hahahaha, ahh, alright, so how exactly does it work if theres no website? are there any members, or is it just you?
                                Just moi

Well after learning how to successfully modify aircraft textures I was able to create the whole Jet2.com fleet (18 unique B737-300's and 2 unique B757-200's). This includes logojets Jet2 Manchester and Jet2 Yorkshire, old colours, new colours and add the unique registration and nickname to each aircraft.

I make myself a roster at the beginning of each month and then fly it. I fly the same routes as in real life at the same time of day and with the same flight number. I then log my hours at the end of each flight/day, as any VA would. So yeah it's pretty much like a normal VA really, except without a website.

Hope that helps

Dale

Comment

Working...
                                X