Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen 747-200 at PHX

Hey all,
    On sunday I was at a soccer game and I noticed a 747 fly over on approach (about 8,000ft) and it was definately not the BA, nor was it a 744 as it did not have winglets. Anyway today I was looking on flightaware.com at a UPS flight from SDF-PHX, and I wanted to check out some more flights on that route and funny enough there was an inbound Evergreen Int Airlines flight. It showed the flight as a 742 but only flying yesterday and today, not Sunday, but I'm positive this is the flight I saw when I think back to Sunday. Anyway I can't find the flight documented anywhere but seems pretty legit to me...and then again i did see it.
    I probably won't have time to check it out the rest of the week, but I'll try to go catch it on Saturday if I'm free and of course if it's still flying.
    In case any of you guys want to go check it out, link's at the end of my post, and the flight is scheduled to arrive 6:16 pm. Yesterday came in at 7:49 though, today at 6:29, and Sunday I saw it around 5-ish.
    Happy spotting,
    Anthony

P.S. Here's the link: flightaware.com/live/flight/EIA2858/history/20091223/2153...

UPS uses other airlines for additional lift during the Christmas season. This year there is a Northern Air Cargo B732F flying between PHL and MHT. Long way from its Alaskan home. Sadly it comes and goes in the middle of the night.

Comment

Hiya Anthony, Evergreen comes to PHX every Christmas. It has been here 3 days. And sadly it takes off only at night

Comment

By the way, would be interesting to see what charter the Minnesota NCAAF team uses this year for their bowl game on the 31st. Last year they used a Northwest 747-200 and 747-400. I hope they use the same this time (or even a 330).

Comment

Working...
        X