This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stowaway survives in gear well.

According to a news in a local newspapers (in Argentina), a stowaway made yesterday a 5+ hours Hawaiian Airlines flight from San Jose (CA) to Hawaii and survived well enough that has no long lasting consequences.

In Spanish:

Anybody has any more info?
    I'm particularly interested to know:
    - The flight time.
    - The flight altitude.
    - The ambient temperature up there yesterday.
    - In what condition he was found.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Anybody has any more info?
    I'm particularly interested to know:
    - The flight time.
    - The flight altitude.
    - The ambient temperature up there yesterday.
    - In what condition he was found.
    - Why, almost thirteen years after 9/11, people can still climb into an aircraft undetected
    Fixed.

Comment

In English
      A 16-year-old boy survived a harrowing trip halfway across the Pacific Ocean on Sunday after climbing into the wheel well of a Hawaiian Airlines jet flying from San Jose to Maui, emerging unharmed despite freezing temperatures and a lack of oxygen on a flight that reached an altitude of 38,000…

Comment

Media says FL380

Kid treated and released

Apparently he's observed at the origin and destination...so some indication he may have rode the wheel well.

I guess our media is slightly better than those other guys.

Cue ongoing discussion on the thread of endless parlour talk with no final report on the horizon...
        Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

...and before anyone starts on the hypoxia murdercide issue with Malaysian....

The Malay incident would have been down to rapid oxygen starvation of a warm body which needs oxygen which does not bode well for oxygen metabolism.
          This latest incident would have been gradual oxygen depletion in a gradually cooling body which has a vastly different effect on oxygen metabolism and allows for the human body to survive for long periods in a state similar to suspended animation. It's why drowning victims in ice cold water can often be resuscitated to a normal state after a considerable amount of time.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            This latest incident would have been gradual oxygen depletion in a gradually cooling body which has a vastly different effect on oxygen metabolism and allows for the human body to survive for long periods in a state similar to suspended animation. It's why drowning victims in ice cold water can often be resuscitated to a normal state after a considerable amount of time.
            Holy contradictions Batman!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Holly contradictions Batman!!!
              The whole complex system is certainly worth discussing...however...the bottom line is pretty stable...

At 30-something thousand feet a plane load of folks will be largely incapacitated (though not necessarily dead)...and yeah, someone might want to screw with the pressurization system for a few different reasons.

You know ITS was pretty bold about that secret island, and then he went silent...
              Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Holy contradictions Batman!!!
                Ice cold water is at 1 deg C or higher and the body loses heat more slowly than exposure to around -60 deg C approximately at 39,000 feet in a sudden decompression.

As Doctor Nancy Caroline said in her paramedics bible publication "Emergency Care in The Streets"......

......"A dead body isn't dead until it's WARM and dead"
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  Ice cold water is at 1 deg C or higher and the body loses heat more slowly than exposure to around -60 deg C approximately at 39,000 feet in a sudden decompression.

As Doctor Nancy Caroline said in her paramedics bible publication "Emergency Care in The Streets"......

......"A dead body isn't dead until it's WARM and dead"
                  Sounds like old Nancy might have had a touch of the Necrophilia .

Comment

Brian, If that last post does not warrant a ban for life, nothing does!

What a foul mouth little twit! He insults Gabriel's Mother!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                      Brian, If that last post does not warrant a ban for life, nothing does!

What a foul mouth little twit! He insults Gabriel's Mother!!!
                      Actually those are both posts Gabriel made himself. Thanks for sticking your nose in though .

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiecker View Post
                        Actually those are both posts Gabriel made himself. Thanks for sticking your nose in though .

Funny, I don't see any post by Gabriel, nor have I ever seen a post by him where he uses that kind of foul language.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                          Funny, I don't see any post by Gabriel, nor have I ever seen a post by him where he uses that kind of foul language.
                          It was me insulting Asiana when they were blaming Boeing for their stupid crash.

The Kiecker took the quotes from me to use as his signature.

In "Fuck your mum -Gabriel", the "Gabriel" part is the "credit" to the source, not the destination of the insult.

Comment

...ok people, I know it's tough to parlour talk for 263 pages of wild, baseless speculation riddled with lots of bad facts with no hope of finding an airplane anytime soon, but let's not lose our sense of humour.

Comment

It was me insulting Asiana when they were blaming Boeing for their stupid crash.

The Kiecker took the quotes from me to use as his signature.

In "Fuck your mum -Gabriel", the "Gabriel" part is the "credit" to the source, not the destination of the insult.

Then a big SORRY from me!

Comment

Working...
                              X