Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Airways seating advice

Hi everyone,

Well I need advice on whether I should change my seat or not. I will be flying from the LA to LHR via PHL and from CDG to LA via CLT, A321-A330-200-A330-200-A320, respectively. The problem is the seat I chose for my flight from LAX to PHL(A321), 14F, has a misaligned window according to Seatguru. For Anyone who has possibly flown this aircraft or knows the layout and such, is it that bad? Will I still have a "view" for say recording? I'm a little hesitant on changing seats only because the only window seats left are all the way in the back.

Another thing, they keep changing the aircraft for the CDG-CLT leg. It started out with an A330, then B767 and now back to an A330. I wouldn't mind other than the fact that my seat selections keep messing up and I'm scared if they do a last minute switch I'll end up with an isle seat or in between people I don't know. Why do they keep doing this? Will it be possible to request a window seat if they do it last minute and the plane is full?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

-Rene Trujillo

Originally posted by renetrujillo View Post
    Hi everyone,

Well I need advice on whether I should change my seat or not. I will be flying from the LA to LHR via PHL and from CDG to LA via CLT, A321-A330-200-A330-200-A320, respectively. The problem is the seat I chose for my flight from LAX to PHL(A321), 14F, has a misaligned window according to Seatguru. For Anyone who has possibly flown this aircraft or knows the layout and such, is it that bad? Will I still have a "view" for say recording? I'm a little hesitant on changing seats only because the only window seats left are all the way in the back.

Another thing, they keep changing the aircraft for the CDG-CLT leg. It started out with an A330, then B767 and now back to an A330. I wouldn't mind other than the fact that my seat selections keep messing up and I'm scared if they do a last minute switch I'll end up with an isle seat or in between people I don't know. Why do they keep doing this? Will it be possible to request a window seat if they do it last minute and the plane is full?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

-Rene Trujillo
    Hi Rene,
    I can't help you with the first part of your problem, since I have never travelled on USAirways. However, the solution to the second one - changing equipment and window seats - is pretty simple. Chose a window seat on the left hand side of the aircraft. The #A seat is always a window seat, no matter what the aircraft type is.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Hi Rene,
      I can't help you with the first part of your problem, since I have never travelled on USAirways. However, the solution to the second one - changing equipment and window seats - is pretty simple. Chose a window seat on the left hand side of the aircraft. The #A seat is always a window seat, no matter what the aircraft type is.
      except in certain aircraft the windows/seats are misaligned. forgot which one it was but i have seen that.

Comment

Misaligned windows or no windows generally occur in close proximity to exits.

For the A330/B767 issue choose an A seat in the region of row 24 or further back. This will guarantee a window seat behind the wing.

For the Airbus A321 issue avoid row 13 to 15 as they all have misaligned windows. Also avoid the exit row 22 as there is no window at all. I can't comment on the misaligned window view. From what I can see on SeatGuru best options other than 14 looks like 11A/F and 23 A/F (A being on the left side of the aircraft.)

Trouble is, many operators of the A32* family use different seat layouts. Some will also adjust the number of Club class seats according to Club bookings so the seat that you may want to go for might not even be an economy seat.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Also avoid the exit row 22 as there is no window at all.
          I got first hand experience on this one this past friday. Great legroom but no window.

Comment

Working...
          X