X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
    Ian Fleming International in Jamaica

GoldenEye

My father in law used to work for "Charlie" Engelhard who was said to be the inspiration for Goldfinger though some say it was to spite his neighbor of the same name. He said he was constantly bringing his dogs to work and was quite a character.
    Bit too easy I suppose !
    Apparently, when the airport was renamed after Ian Fleming who lived on the Goldeneye estate nearby, it caused a bit of an uproar amongst the locals who felt that it should have been named after a Jamaican.

Over to you.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Well I certainly needed something to make me grin today and I am quite fond of this theme. I hope the other players have a nose for this sort of thing.

East versus West and ... versus ?
      Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• = spy

Mad magazine used to have a cartoon strip "Spy versus Spy" and the characters all wore sunglasses. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

• It isn't that small is it?

Comment

• I'm afraid you've lost me here. Are these clues to an airport ?

Comment

• Indeed. Staying within the genre but not necessarily James Bond, I thought this would bring a wry smile to your face. I thought you had a nose for this sort of thing?

By George, give it a go man!

Comment

• Nothing eh? Perhaps everyone has been scent on a mission? A secret mission.

Comment

• Nose, scent, smell, perfume, spy, George,

Bloody hell, and I thought I was good at cryptic clues !!!!!

Comment

• Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini airport?

Buenos Aires refering to the nice smell. Ministro Pistarini refering to the spy since he was involved in a coup-d'etat? Between 1937 and 1940 he was a General stationed in Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy.
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Not the Nazi, nope.

Comment

• Let a Smile be your umbrella.

Really, head of station is not happy with this. Our Dutch friend I can understand but ...

Comment

• Let a Smile be your umbrella.

Really, head of station is not happy with this. Our Dutch friend I can understand but ... by George we need to get on the right track here.

Comment

• Maurice Bishop International Airport, st. George, Grenada?

East versus west in that president Reagan suspected that this airport was build so the Soviets could fly to Cuba. The airport, then still under construction, was used as the primary objective and staging point for the USA during their Grenada invasion.

Can't figure out what "smell" has to do with it, so this answer is probably wrong.
                            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• We were hungry so-viet

No the Russians did not have to wander far from home to get to this airport.

But since they were almost to France they still may comment on the appetite. Smell is the other half of the name of the airport.

The author of note probably would not prefer to fly if his name was any indicator?

Comment

• If only for the smell I'm drawn towards Cologne-Bonn Konrad Adenaur Airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X