747-8i first revenue flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747-8i first revenue flight

Read the full write up on the 747-8I Inaugural flight here: www.airlinereporter.com/2012/06/flying-on-the-inaugural-b...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Questions:

1). Why not put 787 style windows (those spiffy window shades) on the 747-8I?

2). Why give so much fanfare to the 747-8I, when in essence it is just another 747? LH currently operates 747s, so why so much hurrah?

3). Apart from IAD, what other cities will be receiving the 747-8I?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
      Questions:

1). Why not put 787 style windows (those spiffy window shades) on the 747-8I?
      Different Body design and the 747-8I has the standard sized windows and their has not been a design for the smaller standards yet.

2). Why give so much fanfare to the 747-8I, when in essence it is just another 747? LH currently operates 747s, so why so much hurrah?
      This is NOT your fathers 747. Its longer, has a new wings, new engines, and new avionics and interiors. The aircraft is nothing like the 747-400 except in appearance. The biggest difference is this one is 15% more fuel efficient and quieter.

3). Apart from IAD, what other cities will be receiving the 747-8I?
      That will be up to the operators as they receive them. We are extremely happy with this 747 its is meeting its goals and should be even better with the 2013 performance update.

Comment

Delhi and Bangalore are supposed to get them.

Comment

Working...
        X