Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting at EWR

Hello folks,

I will be in new Jersey for a week and want to visit EWR and perhaps, if time allows it, some other airports in New York. Unfortunately I didn't find good infos on the internet regarding EWR. Is EWR still unfriendly for photographers?

thanks in advance for your help!

Regards

Nito

Better be in stone age than in no age

| Spot A: Ikea Parking Lot Views: Great angle of runway 4L and 4R arrivals, as well as 22R and 22L departures. Directions: I-95/NJ Turnpike to exit 13A Elizabeth. Follow the signs to Ikea. You can’t miss it. By public transportation, Ikea runs a free shuttle bus from Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan, but …

Police and private security in the area are very aggressive about moving spotters. It's more of a "hit and run" for something special than hanging out for the afternoon photographing aircraft.
    KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Newark ain't the best for spotting. La Guardia is a better option. If you stand on the boardwalk northwest of Citi Field you can get great bank shots.
      Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
        http://www.nycaviation.com/spotting-guides/ewr/

Police and private security in the area are very aggressive about moving spotters. It's more of a "hit and run" for something special than hanging out for the afternoon photographing aircraft.
        What a pity EWR, thanks Moose

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
          Newark ain't the best for spotting. La Guardia is a better option. If you stand on the boardwalk northwest of Citi Field you can get great bank shots.
          Okay should to go there, thanks a lot Peter

Comment

JFK and LGA are more spotter-friendly. JFK can be tough to spot at if you don't have a car - given the size and number of runways, and the tendency for tower to change runways just before that special you've been hunting arrives...

Check out the spotting guides at NYCA - there's lots of good information on spotting in the New York area.
            KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Working...
            X