Finnair E170 in Long Beach, CA (KLGB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnair E170 in Long Beach, CA (KLGB)

KLGB airport is located just a few miles form my university(CSULB) and planes fly directly over the campus to land on runway 30. Only 4 airlines fly in and out of Long beach: JetBlue, Delta, Horizon and Us Airways. But today as I was walking to class I saw and immediately recognized a Finnair E170. Obviously it wasn't doing any type of revenue flight. According to flightaware it came from Phoenix. Anyone know what it might have been doing here?

-Rene T.

My best guess is that it is one of the Finnair E170's that has recently left the fleet and has been taken on by US Airways Express but i wouldnt like to say for definate.

Comment

Finnair only have one E170 currently in their fleet (OH-LEL) and that is shown as being stored ? where since 1.2012.
      Possibly a delivery flight or going for painting......or both ?

Source www.airfleets.net
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
        My best guess is that it is one of the Finnair E170's that has recently left the fleet and has been taken on by US Airways Express but i wouldnt like to say for definate.
        Sounds plausible. Maybe it was a last minute aircraft change - I note this flight departure from Phoenix was 1-3/4 hours late.

It subsequentlt departed back to Phoenix a few hours later.

Comment

Like Brian said. OH-LEL (17000139) has reportedly been leased to Honeywell Corp. So probably she is the one.
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
          X