Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain this pic to me?

Hi all,

I often peruse Bing maps and just ran across a very curious overhead shot of JFK. Here is the link, but you will need to zoom in a bit. My curiosity is the little white plane taxiing - albeit apparently with no wings

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation but I find it strange nonetheless.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40.63636077644563~-73.76900701809387&lvl=19&sty=h

Thats funny with the economy now they cant afford to put wings on planes

Comment

Lol
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

ya i am taking spirit airlines and its only 9$ one way and add 60 for 1st class how do they make money

Comment

Is that the 6:25 blimp to Oswego?

Or maybe it's some sort of taxi training thing?

Or stoner humor brought to you by the good folks at Bing.

Comment

Originally posted by obmot View Post
            Hi all,

I often peruse Bing maps and just ran across a very curious overhead shot of JFK. Here is the link, but you will need to zoom in a bit. My curiosity is the little white plane taxiing - albeit apparently with no wings

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation but I find it strange nonetheless.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40.63636077644563~-73.76900701809387&lvl=19&sty=h
            Its so blatantly photoshopped (not by original poster I'll add) you can see shadow/reflection marks from wings on ground.

Comment

Is it possible that the aircraft moved between sat image sections just enough to exclude the wing section?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                Is it possible that the aircraft moved between sat image sections just enough to exclude the wing section?

That does not make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                  That does not make sense.

It makes perfect sense.

If you look closely, you can see where the frame cuts out. It's the fuselage of one plane and the empennage of another that just happened to line-up.

There are half planes littering google maps, so this isn't too far out of the ordinary.

Comment

The first frame caught the forward section of the fuselage. The next frame caught the tail section of the aircraft. While the shutter was resetting, the wings passed out of the cameras view. You can see the frame cut just forward of the empennage.

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins View Post
                      It makes perfect sense.

If you look closely, you can see where the frame cuts out. It's the fuselage of one plane and the empennage of another that just happened to line-up.

There are half planes littering google maps, so this isn't too far out of the ordinary.
                      I tried to put a link, but it wouldn't work. Anyway, if you go to Long Beach airport in Socal and zoom in to runway 25L you will see what looks like two airplanes taking off right behind each other.

Comment

View Larger MapGet DirectionsView Bird's Eye

Comment

This is just the lagging overlay as i like to call it.

My favorite booboo so far is the one where there is a giant bug somewhere over germany

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
                            This is just the lagging overlay as i like to call it.

My favorite booboo so far is the one where there is a giant bug somewhere over germany
                            no, that's real.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy 1995 View Post
                              ya i am taking spirit airlines and its only 9$ one way and add 60 for 1st class how do they make money
                              You'll find out after your flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X