Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus to assist Aerion for new SST

This is BIG news!

How would you like to trim three hours off the current commercial jet flight time between Paris and Washington, D.C.?

Until now, many have dismissed Aerion as "just another hype seeker" in terms of developing a bizjet SST.

But now with the de facto manufacturer of Concorde formally putting their clout behind the AS2's "design, manufacturing, and certification," this may very well come to fruition!!

At $100Million per unit, I'm sure most people will never have to worry about getting anywhere near one of these. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few airlines order/contract some for premium clientele, in the same vein as "Delta Air Elite" and others operate now. So in a sense, supersonic passenger service would be restored!
    Us, lighting a living horse on fire:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH2_Q3oJPeU

Check it out!

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy View Post
    This is BIG news!

How would you like to trim three hours off the current commercial jet flight time between Paris and Washington, D.C.?

Until now, many have dismissed Aerion as "just another hype seeker" in terms of developing a bizjet SST.

But now with the de facto manufacturer of Concorde formally putting their clout behind the AS2's "design, manufacturing, and certification," this may very well come to fruition!!

At $100Million per unit, I'm sure most people will never have to worry about getting anywhere near one of these. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few airlines order/contract some for premium clientele, in the same vein as "Delta Air Elite" and others operate now. So in a sense, supersonic passenger service would be restored!
    I think it's more aimed to the top end of the bizjet market.

Aerion will pay to Airbus in the form of propietary information transfer, they have several patents reagrding high-speed natural laminar flow.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      I think it's more aimed to the top end of the bizjet market.
      Of course it is.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the airlines (especially AF, BA, DL, etc) provided a way for their HVCs to have access to such travel while still earning revenue, which is what some of them already do now, with today's top-of-the-line private jets.

Check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by ConcordeBoy View Post
        Of course it is.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the airlines (especially AF, BA, DL, etc) provided a way for their HVCs to have access to such travel while still earning revenue, which is what some of them already do now, with today's top-of-the-line private jets.
        AF, BA, DL, etc operate Gulfstreams for scheduled revenue flights?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Nope.

But DL has a program called Delta Air Elite, in which it basically charters/retains private jet service for HVCs, allowing them to accrue SkyMiles and attain status while providing DL with revenue on the transaction. They basically function as a charter agent.

I'm 99% sure that AA and UA have similar programs as well.

No idea if BA and AF do, just surmising that they're be interested due to legacy.

Check it out!

Comment

Kinda, sorta. They certainly generate plenty of revenue.

Please contact this domain's administrator as their DNS Made Easy services have expired.

Comment

It could find its way into mainline fleets in certain cases. Case in point, if it is cleared for LCY, it could be an attractive option for LCY-JFK in the same way that BA's current A318s operate, or even under the "OpenSkies" brand doing well on transatlantic operations. As with the Concorde, there would be little issue with noise pollution as it would seldom fly over large populated areas, as Concorde was NIMBY'd into.
              Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
              X