First solo.....the face says it all !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renetrujillo View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Forming good habits early on is essential, but I still think she did great for her first solo. I can't wait for my solo! which will happen sometime this week depending on the winds. I fly out of LGB, training at LBFC. I hope to have my PPL by the end of August.
    Hah, small world. I got my PPL out of LBFC! I had my first solo in N48340 and passed my checkride in N94469.

Comment

Truly small world! I've flown both of those planes. I soloed today in N5513L, it was incredible to say the least

Comment

renetrujillo, sooner or later someone will try to "sneak in" and at that point it doesn't matter if you are right it matters that you are alive. Of those pattern busting, only one was called by the tower and told to taxi over and shut down.
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Originally posted by renetrujillo View Post
          Should she not have used carb heat and full flaps? My instructor has taught me to always use carb heat when I reach pattern altitude since the RPM will be below the green arc. And aren't full flaps standard for a C152 in a no wind condition?
          Please reread my post- did I say that she should not?

As to whether you should always use 40 degrees of flaps, you might want to research why modern 172's flaps only go to 30 degrees, even though they have 20 to 40 more horsepower.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
          X