"Similar" clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Similar" clarification

Hi - I had the following photo accepted, and another one rejected, with one of the reasons being similar. I appreciate the comments explaining the reject, though I wanted to clarify the comment re: Similar.

While taken at the same airport, the shots were of two different terminal/concourses and do not depict the same aircraft or POV. I realize I've mistakenly uploaded double shots in the past which wasn't intentional, but in this case I didn't think that would apply given the above.

Thanks.

Accepted
    http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7965442

Rejected (reasons include "Similar"):

The actual aircraft visible have no bearing on the images as the subject matter is the ramp. Your comments on both images are identical ( View of the ramp from the Gateway Sheraton, top floor near the elevator. ) which indicates that theses shots are each side of the same terminal pontoon. The images are virtually a mirror image of each other and don't really show anything different.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The actual aircraft visible have no bearing on the images as the subject matter is the ramp. Your comments on both images are identical ( View of the ramp from the Gateway Sheraton, top floor near the elevator. ) which indicates that theses shots are each side of the same terminal pontoon. The images are virtually a mirror image of each other and don't really show anything different.
      If that is the definition of similar, I have to accept the screeners decision.

I will say that there is literally zero overlap in these shots, which happen to be shot from the same place, but the space between the shots is at least the same as the angle covered by the images themselves.

These are two shots of different parts of the same overall airport structure, two different concourses, the shapes of each concourse are different, one has the light trail of an arrival on runway 33L (accepted) and the other shows a light trail from a departure on runway 23, and there is nothing in one shot that is also visible in the other - I don't see a mirror image at all. (I mention the light trails as they pertain to the direction and content, not that they matter to the acceptance).

Perhaps I could have been more specific in the comments ("view to the south" and "view to the south-west") but I just can't connect the dots on how these two shots would be considered of the same thing.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X