Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irain did it Again

Obtaining new aircraft that is.....

During the summer of 2012 2 ex Lufthansa A340-313Xs were,according to public statements sold to a Thai start-up airline called Chaba Air.

These airplanes are,

D-AIGA A340-313X MSN020 transferred to Chaba Air as HS-CHA
    D-AIGK A340-313X MSN056 transferred to Chaba Air as HS-CHB

However after some months later these airplanes have languished in the Thai sun going nowhere.Romours circulated that in fact,the destination for these airplanes was Iran.

Things moved more decisivly this week with the departure of D-AIGA at 02.52Z on the 22nd December in a north-west direction.

Today,25th December the second all-white A340 with no external registration(the marks HS-CHB were removed over the last few days) departed Don Muang at 02.21Z calling BAM6323 to destination UAFM(Manas Kyrgyzstan).However this airplane was refused entry into Myanmar airspace,and returned to Don Muang.

Both these airplanes were showing their former German registrations (which have been cancelled) on SBS.

There are reports this airplane will become EX-34002 and operated by "Manas Air",but this is thought to be another front in the process of these airplanes ending up in Iran.

The operation of an airliner on a proposed international flight with no registration markings is totally illeagal.

It seems likely the first A340 may also have departed Bangkok minus a registration.
    Last edited by ErwinS; 2012-12-28, 23:09.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

I know when I first saw those Chaba Air a340s, they had awful black marks running down each window for some reason. I just googled Manas Air, and it ceased operations in 2001, so unless they've restarted.

Comment

They are off to Mahan Air.

Comment

Here's some information from Skyliner:

Airbus A340 -311 20 EX-34001 Manas Airways regd & ferried 22dec12 DMK-FRU-IKA on delivery to Mahan Air ex HS-CHA

Airbus A340 -311 56 EX-34002 Manas Airways regd 25dec12 & ferried 26dec12 DMK-FRU-IKA on delivery to Mahan Air ex HS-CHB

I wonder if Chaba Air was (or was ever intended to be) more than a front to allow the aircraft to be registered in Thailand, before being flown on to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by akerosid View Post
          Here's some information from Skyliner:

Airbus A340 -311 20 EX-34001 Manas Airways regd & ferried 22dec12 DMK-FRU-IKA on delivery to Mahan Air ex HS-CHA

Airbus A340 -311 56 EX-34002 Manas Airways regd 25dec12 & ferried 26dec12 DMK-FRU-IKA on delivery to Mahan Air ex HS-CHB

I wonder if Chaba Air was (or was ever intended to be) more than a front to allow the aircraft to be registered in Thailand, before being flown on to Iran.
          For sure this was a front. Same happend with the 744's that Maham Air obtained. They where intended to go to Blue Sky but this airline never operated for themself.

Erwin

Comment

For sure, someone is getting a nice sweet backhander somewhere from what I remember of Arab financial practises.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

The A340 has one of the most safest airliner records, lets hope they don't crash it......

Comment

So unless im mistaken that is 3 A340s that have ended up in Iran now. One ex Virgin machine operating with Iran Aseman and these two. A second VS A340 had been planned to go but i believe that got blocked. Funny enough i last saw that one departing MAN in the polar bear scheme and where it is now im not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                  So unless im mistaken that is 3 A340s that have ended up in Iran now. One ex Virgin machine operating with Iran Aseman and these two. A second VS A340 had been planned to go but i believe that got blocked. Funny enough i last saw that one departing MAN in the polar bear scheme and where it is now im not sure.
                  Yep correct. The most modern airliners they have now

It's a matter of time that they will get more. Always interesting to see how they do it.

Erwin

Comment

Problem they have now is that they cant really fly them anywhere without them getting impounded. It's only a matter of time before they do get more jets. Dont really know how they keep doing it but these wont be the last airframes we see head to Iran that strictly speaking shouldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
                      Problem they have now is that they cant really fly them anywhere without them getting impounded. It's only a matter of time before they do get more jets. Dont really know how they keep doing it but these wont be the last airframes we see head to Iran that strictly speaking shouldnt.
                      There is no ground to get them impounded. If the aircraft paperwork is allright no one can ground them.

Otherwise many Iranian aircraft should be impounded right now.

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                        There is no ground to get them impounded. If the aircraft paperwork is allright no one can ground them.

Otherwise many Iranian aircraft should be impounded right now.
                        For me it's more interesting to issue of how they keep the planes airworthy.
                        Normally an airline would send Airbus a letter with a question or proposed maintenance regarding something not covered in the manuals, and Airbus would answer making the solution legal. Would Airbus answer to an Iranian airline? Does Airbus include these Iranian airlines in the "all operators telex"? Does Airbus inform these airlines about the service bulletins and AD's? Does Airbus send them updates regarding the operations manual, training manual, maintenance manual, etc? How do these airlines get approved spare parts?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I think that the most likely outcome is that they won't be impounded, but certain types of aircraft will be banned on the grounds that they are not correctly maintained (and since they were acquired in a grey market, the EU - for example - can challenge Mahan and other carriers to prove that there is a satisfactory level of maintenance and training).

Specific types of aircraft operated by certain airlines can be banned, not necessarily the whole airline. Remember the EU banning all PK aircraft apart from the 777s.

Comment

not to mention parts. i heard an interesting comment the other day: anything you embargo, i can buy better.

embargoes have failed. look at cuba. the US has had that embargo in place for decades and cuba hasn't fallen. sure its economy is the tank but so what.

Comment

How many western built a/c have crashed in Iran that warranted that comment that hope the dont crash the A340s.

Iran Aseman also have one A340.

Comment

Working...
                              X