Boein, Airbus can't deliver aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boein, Airbus can't deliver aircraft

Due to the current US Govt shutdown Boeing can't deliver aircraft to customers because the FAA registration office is closed. This also applies to Airbus deliveries to US customers. The same probably applies to other aircraft manufacturers such as Embraer and Bombardier. GA aircraft suppliers are also hit.

I wonder if delivery of other items are effected such as aircraft engines.

This should only affect complete airframes since they involve registration transfers. US Airways has one A332 stuck in TLS for that very reason.

The engines aren't registered by the FAA, so if anything, it could affect any kind of certification and such, but not deliveries/operations.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

I just cannot believe that a country can have the "We're Closed" sign put up like this because SOME people elected by THE people cannot agree with a proposal that will benefit THE people !!!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        I just cannot believe that a country can have the "We're Closed" sign put up like this because SOME people elected by THE people cannot agree with a proposal that will benefit THE people !!!
        And yet, it's the 18th time this happens.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          The word "division" sums it up. It's not just on Capitol Hill, the whole country is pretty divided. And I doubt either side has all the right answers. Political systems are meant to get reformed from time to time, and this one doesn't seem to work.

Comment

this sums it up better: friggin stupidity.

in 1996 the shutdown cost the county a loss of 1.4 billion in lost tax revenues. that's 2 billion in today's dollars. let's see how much this one costs.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

in 1996 the shutdown cost the county a loss of 1.4 billion in lost tax revenues. that's 2 billion in today's dollars. let's see how much this one costs.
              If the cost is a number, we will pay for it, while they blame it on each other.
              If the cost is a global economic collapse, then I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

Fiscal discipline is important, without it the US dollar will become like the Zimbabwean, worthless.
                "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
                  Fiscal discipline is important, without it the US dollar will become like the Zimbabwean, worthless.
                  Agree. I sure as hell wouldn't want any US Dollars sitting in my Wallet. This experiment of printing money aint going to end well.

Comment

Working...
                  X