Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Were talking about 200-250ft depths here. Or less. It's not there. It's somewhere else.
    Yeah, I do tend to agree since at this point it is not where it would be expected to be. However, it cannot hurt to try any and everything possible to look.

However, if it is not in the search area, one of three things happened.

Crashed on land (as no one is looking on land right now it seems)
    Crashed in the water well away from the search area (which means it flew for sometime after "disappearing")
    Landed only God knows where

Comment

• For reference

Can flightradar24's data be changed/manipulated? What current events are projecting (like expanding searches to unsuspecting areas) is that the airplane ducked underneath radars and tracking tools, and went unto a course off-the-map, which is an interesting feat byitself. Making this a very sophisticated operation/event.

Comment

• 11th Malaysian press release just out.
        Nothing shockingly new:
        We are sorry. The page you are looking for can’t be found. The page may have been deleted.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• The KAL 007 scenario is still the number one, right now.
          1) Whoever shot the aircraft down, is right now picking up the pieces and hiding evidences
          2) The soviets did this, days after the destruction of KAL 007, they collected parts and evidences, including bodies.
          A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
            The KAL 007 scenario is still the number one, right now.
            1) Whoever shot the aircraft down, is right now picking up the pieces and hiding evidences
            2) The soviets did this, days after the destruction of KAL 007, they collected parts and evidences, including bodies.
            Seriously?
            And where it this taking place?
            And how did the plane reached from the last known position to that place?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              11th Malaysian press release just out.
              Nothing shockingly new:
              http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/e...dark-site.html
              All Malaysia Airlines aircraft are equipped with continuous data monitoring system called the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) which transmits data automatically. Nevertheless, there were no distress calls and no information was relayed.
              A steep, rapid descent and no ACARS report? Either the authorities are hiding something or someone was hiding this plane. How does a 777 disappear from ATC with no event reported over ACARS? By switching off transponders and datalinks? Or is there ACARS after all? If this was a criminal act, I'm finding it hard to envision a scenario that doesn't involve crew accomplice. But I think it is just as likely that we are not getting the full story here.

That said, I am reminded that none of us could have speculated the unthinkable truth of AF-447 or even that of Polish 101.

Comment

• Now that you mention Polish 101, ... nah, forget it.

Comment

Really, take off the tinfoil, please.

Comment

• The Associated Press ‏@AP 10m

BREAKING: Malaysia Airlines says west coast of country now the focus of search for missing plane.

Comment

The KAL 007 scenario differs in one very important way. KAL 007 was able to fly for a significant period of time after having been struck by two AAM's. They were able to transmit intentions to Toyko ATC. Any shootdown that doesn't immediately destroy the aircraft doesn't fit here, and any one that does would leave a nice path of destruction along the flight path. AAM's are designed to disable aircraft, not instantly disintegrate something that large like in the movies. I wouldn't rule out the possibility, but it doesn't seem to fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        Now that you mention Polish 101, ... nah, forget it.
                        what... lifting straps?

(sorry)

Comment

• I think Tomad crashed.

I did do like 100 tiles and spot 11 items with 34 people also tagging them. Mostly flotsum I think. A couple looked interesting, likely still junk. There are shipping lanes there I imagine.

Gives some perspective of how big the ocean is. Don't envy them.

I did find this article about the cell phones ringing:

Reports that the cellphones of passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 are ringing — but no one picks up —might have a logical explanation.

Comment

• Cellphones are not submerged in water

The families are asking why the cellphones cannot be traced since they are ringing. this should pinpoint the location exactly, unless that is bogus information also.

Comment

• Press Conference on now, they just said the 2 pax with stolen passports were Iranian citizens.

They said that they've checked the background of one of them and that they were most likely trying to migrate to the EU - no evidence of terrorism links.

His mother was waiting for him in Frankfurt and when he didn't turn up she contacted the airline/police.
                              AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
                              the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Vague as to which type of check (A or B prob.) this was but, it had been in for "maintenance" 12 days prior to the event and everything looked just peachy. Maybe they left a wrench in the... oh, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                                X