Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Files on SD Card?

Hey guys,

I popped in my SD card to retrieve photos the other day, and I found some weird files and folders on my SD card dating to 2087 and 2099?

It's been like these on several computers...

Ideas on how to remove it guys?

Thanks

Have you tried an in-camera format? I'm thinking this is data corruption due to an "unsafe ejection" or some other reason.

The last file before the JPG's is a 2GB file.

Do you use your SD cards for multiple uses or across multiple devices?
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
      Have you tried an in-camera format? I'm thinking this is data corruption due to an "unsafe ejection" or some other reason.

The last file before the JPG's is a 2GB file.

Do you use your SD cards for multiple uses or across multiple devices?
      Nope not yet...

The odd thing is, this is a 16GB card, and I have 8GB of photos on it... Those files are actually not taking up any space at all..

I use my SD card only for spotting, but I plug it into multiple computers... I think what happened was a faulty card reader...

Comment

As Felipe says, format the card in camera. It is best to do this every time anyway when you want to clean the card out.

One word of warning. There is a faint possibility that the files are virus based and were downloaded when the card was put into a computer that was connected to the internet. Therefore, don't put this card into any computer. This is very unlikely but it can happen. Format it in-camera.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Are you putting the SD card directly into the PC or using a USB from the camera into the PC? - From the looks of the screenshot, it's a USB from the camera to the PC. In this instance the odd folder names could be related to the camera's software which are often encrypted.

Run a virus scan on your SD card to ensure nothing malicious is on there... we all know how it feels to lose data....

Comment

Working...
          X