No announcement yet.

Nominate 2012 best airline and airport!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nominate 2012 best airline and airport!

Hi guys,

In this thread, I will ask you to nominate the best airport and airline you flown in 2012.
    In 2012 I flown:
    -Qatar
    -Lufthansa (Europe)
    -Brussels Airlines (Europe)
    -Turkish Airlines
    -AZAL (domestic)
    -Etihad
    -Jin Air
    -Asiana (domestic)
    -KLM
    The best: 1:ETIHAD 2:LUFTHANSA 3:QATAR

Airports
    -Brussels
    -Doha
    -Colombo
    -Stuttgart
    -Munich
    -Leipzig
    -Milan MXP
    -Rome FCO
    -Seoul ICN
    -Seoul Gimpo
    -Guam
    -Ulsan
    -Istanbul ATU
    -Baku
    -Ganja
    -Panama Tocumen
    -Schipol Amsterdam
    The best: 1:SEOUL ICN 2:MUNICH MUC 3:BRUSSELS BRU
    Love at the first flight

The link shows only my last flights of these last 3 years and some of 4 years ago.

For long haul scheduled....
    ETIHAD...especially their business class service.

For short haul....
    AIR MALTA...especially for fares, service quality and on time departures.

For long haul charter...
    THOMSON AIRWAYS.... For good legroom in economy (34") and premium economy (37"-38"). Good AVOD in both classes.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

For 2012 i didnt fly at all, so i cant actually judge anyone

Comment

From what I flew last year, Lufthansa wins hands down in my books.

Best hub airport for spotting: FRA
        Best hub airport for connecting: DFW
        Best airport for convenience: OKC

Comment

So, I guess for this year, as my travel was slim pickings, I have a very limited scope;

Airport of the Year (that I've traveled to) goes to;

MIA - I know that most people detest MIA, and believe me, it's not one of my favorite airports (save for a gigantic AA presence there), but this year, I have had to trek through it a few times, and I am beginning to see improvements. A newly designed terminal, new access to Tri-Rail (and a massive opening this new year), A380 service, and, shockingly, a friendlier AA (and affiliated ground handling staff) experience has made it better with each trip. There's still quite a few hurdles to cross, but it's getting better.

It beat out FLL, ATL, YYZ, MSP and POS.

Airline of the Year (that I've traveled on) goes to;

AA - Yes, and bias aside, I am a little shocked by improvements that I have seen with the airline in the past couple of months. Understandably, they are tarnished by the current status of the company, and the logical labour issues plaguing the airline, but past that - the employees of the airline do well to preform their jobs well (which, and it urks me to say this, was not their strong suit in the past regarding friendliness especially). On board, the amenities were not bad, and yes, I understand that we often compare them to other carriers such as EK, SQ, and even their European counterparts - but when stacking them against the other carriers that I flew with this year, they simply did better.

AA beat out FL/WN, DL and BW.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

This year I only flew on Icelandair; very good airline although some of the cabin crew weren't particularly friendly. Although they do hold passengers' welfare at there hearts! See this link
            An "apparently intoxicated" man who was acting "in a disorderly fashion" was restrained by passengers and crew members on a flight from Reykjavik, Iceland to JFK on Thursday afternoon.

But out of all the airlines I've flown; BA, BMI baby, Icelandair and Aer Lingus, I'd go Aer Lingus 1, then BA, Icelandair and BMI Baby. EI really just because they are very friendly usually and have excellent a320s.

Comment

Even if it is not the best, Brussels Airlines is my favourite. It is a not to big airlines with a lot of destinations in 4 continents. The best airline to go from Europe to Africa. The medium-haul planes are very great and confortable with 3 travel classes:
              -Bussiness
              -B-Flex (premium economy)
              -B-Light (lowest fare, no food or drink included)

It has a beautiful and simple logo, the B from Belgium or Brussels made from 14 orange balls. It is partly owned by LHand is a miles and more partner as a StarAlliance partner. It has a great fleet of A330 (-200 and -300), A320, A319, rj-100 and DHC-Q400 (operated by Flybe). His main hub is Brussels airport. One of the best airports in Europe!

The crew is a mostly Belgian crew but very friendly!

They have now very attractive fairs! Return from €99 in all Europe.
              Love at the first flight

The link shows only my last flights of these last 3 years and some of 4 years ago.

Comment

Brussels Airlines is soo great! I just won a FREE trip in Europe with them!!!!!!!

The best overall experience airport is Brussels Airport.
                Why?
                When I enter in the terminal, I allways feel something that I feel only in that airport. BRU has two piers, A/T and B.
                Gates A are used for flights in the shenghen area, B in non-shenghen and T to Africa. Both piers have a lot of shops, restaurants, food, bars, services,...
                BRU has now a lot of destinations outside Europe. A great range of destinations in Africa and North America. There are now flights to China with Hainan, Abu Dhabi and with Etihad. Due to the econimical crisis in Greece, both Qatar and Thai decided to change Athens with BRU

Brussels is the capital city of Europe.
                (from wiki

Brussels Airport (IATA: BRU,*ICAO: EBBR) (also called Brussel Nationaal/Bruxelles-National/Brussel-Zaventem (Brussels National)) is an international airport 6*NM (11*km; 6.9*mi) northeast[2] of Brussels, Belgium. The airport is partially in Zaventem and partially in the Diegem area of Machelen,[3] both located in the Flemish Region of Belgium.
                Brussels Airport currently consists of 54 contact gates, and a total of 109 gates. It is home to around 260 companies, together directly employing 20,000 people.
                In 2005, the airport was awarded Best Airport in Europe by Airports Council International/International Air Transport Association (ACI/IATA), based on a survey conducted with over 100,000 passengers worldwide. Brussels Airport continues to appear in top airports lists as of 2012.
                The company operating the airport is known as "The Brussels Airport Company N.V./S.A."; before 19 October 2006, the name was BIAC (Brussels International Airport Company), which was created by Belgian law through a merger of BATC with the ground operations departments of the RLW/RVA. Since 2011, the airport is owned by the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (75%) and the Belgian State (25%).
                Love at the first flight

Comment

Best airline, Delta
                  best airport: TPA
                  the 747 will always be superior.

Comment

Easy one for me: I had 1 flight in 2012. So the best airline I flew in 2012 was Swiss International, the best airport Zurich I visited, followed by JFK.

My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                      Easy one for me: I had 1 flight in 2012. So the best airline I flew in 2012 was Swiss International, the best airport Zurich I visited, followed by JFK.

Indeed, ZHR is a very nice airport! Did you saw these 'films' on the wall of the skymetro tunnel?
                      Love at the first flight

Comment

Working...
                      X