Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Rejection Question

Hello members,

Here I am again. Before uploading my photos here I have a few questions. I have one photo of the Coca Cola/FIFA World Trophy Tour MD80 while the aircraft is landing here with its nose gear still in the air. I have another photo of the aircraft taxiing to the location where the ceremony is held with a water salute as well. I have a cabin photo as well and tonight I am looking to take night photos and would like to upload a nice night photo as well.

My question here is, which of these photos are seen as the same photo?

Now I know that the same registration cannot have more then two photos in the database on the same date but we are talking about a special event here and different types of photos as well (daylight side on landing photo, water canon salute and side on night photos) hence my question about "double photos". To my knowledge the cabin photo would be the first photo in the database as well but please correct me on this.

Cheers,

A388

Come on guys, help me out here

A388

Comment

2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try other angles, be creative. Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees. However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it. Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.
      For pictures taken at different airports 1 similar photo will be accepted. For further up-loads the usual criteria applies.
      For cockpit shots do not upload photos of specific instruments or controls if they appear in another full cockpit image. We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than 3).

Comment

The limitation to two photos is just for photos in the queue at the same time. Once these two are accepted, you can upload more of the same reg of course.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Seahawk, I currently don't have any photos of this registration or airline so the photos in the queue will be my first ones. I have coincidentally already replaced one of the photos I uploaded this past friday with a better quality one this morning to ensure a better quality of the photo just as you said. My only question now is whether a photo taken of the same registration, taken on the same day, from the same angle, but one being taken in the afternoon and the other one at night, if that will be seen as double as well.

LX-343, thanks for your tips too. By the way, I see your Canon gear only now. That's some gear you have there!!! I have similar gear except for the camera itself which in my case is the EOS600D (Rebel T3i). Excellent lenses though. Nice to see a Canonian like me

Cheers,

A388

Comment

We will accept a day shot and a night shot taken at a similar angle but the images must be very obviously day and night.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by A388 View Post
              LX-343, thanks for your tips too. By the way, I see your Canon gear only now. That's some gear you have there!!! I have similar gear except for the camera itself which in my case is the EOS600D (Rebel T3i). Excellent lenses though. Nice to see a Canonian like me

Cheers,

A388
              We are not the only Canonians ... which is good!

Comment

Thanks again for all the tips guys.

brianw999, I can't post my photos in the queue now as I am only allowed two photos in the queue of the same registration. It would be nice if that rule would be eliminated. What was the thinking behind this rule? I have the same question about airport overview photos not being allowed from the same location more than once. The movement you see on such photos is always different and never identical, just the location is the same. I always got a lot of views from my airport overview photos and I see this as well with other airport overview photos. Airport overview photos are more popular compared to other type of photos so limiting this to only one photo is a real pity as the site misses out on a lot of hits/views this way. The number of views translate to popularity of the site.

LX-343, you are definately right about that. Luckily there are more people like us

Cheers,

A388

Comment

What was the thinking behind this rule?
                  Very easy: we wanted to avoid the queue of beeing clogged by multiple shots of the same aircaft. Unfortunately, a handful of serious offenders did leave us with no option but to be more restrictive.

As for ramp shots: main subject is the ramp. If you want to show the aircraft, make this the main subject of the photo. Otherwise you could take a photo every hour of the very same spot and upload it. We simply don't want that. We offered an additional option to upload differently composed photos by adding all these airport photo possibilities. Let's not destroy it.

Comment

The idea behind restricting to two pics of the same registration in the queue at any one time was to prevent a download boom of the same reg, with the attendant probability of similars all over the place......because believe me, we have some photogs who take 12 to 15 shots from the same approach and would upload every single one of them !
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I was faster ...

Comment

Thanks again guys.

LX-343, so the other option regarding ramp photos is to take them from other locations and not the same one. What do you mean with "by adding all these airport photo possibilities"?

brianw999, wow I didn't know it was that bad. That indeed is not what you want. I had a nice overview photo of the cargo ramp and thaught that would be something new but the photo still got rejected. Why not link the number of airport overview photos with the date and only having one photo taken on the same date and having the airlines or aircraft depicted to be different than other airport overview photos the photographer has in the database? With the latter point I mean that if you already have an airport overview photo in the database that shows you 1 KLM 744, 1 AF A343, 1 AA 752 and 2 UA 737's then you can't have an airport overview photo containing this combination but if you have 1 KLM 744 and 1 AA 737 that the photo stays within the acceptance criteria. You apply a limit to the number of similar airlines/aircraft on airport overview photos. This way you avoid people uploading airport overview photos of every hour of the day and you still allow a variety in the airport photos in your database.

Cheers,

A388

Comment

Working...
                        X