Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying AMS-LAS, is a 747 possible?

Hi all,

in January I'll be flying from Amsterdam to Las Vegas. I'd love to fly in a 747 once, but I can't work it out. Unless I fly via Asia I don't seem to be able to fly on a 747 to the US.

So....can anyone advice me on how to arrange my flights so that I can fly to Las Vegas from Amsterdam in a 747. It cannot be an 'exotic' flight via Asia as in that case my work most likely won't accept paying the expense!

Thanks in advance,

NFSH

Well, the only airline that flies 747s between AMS and U.S. gateways is KLM, so that's your only choice as far as what airline you can pick if you want to fly in a 747. I would suggest looking at JFK as KLM has 74Ms and 744s scheduled on some days and with DL being a Skyteam partner you should be able to book it on one ticket. The only other options would be via LAX or IAH as KLM has 74Ms scheduled for those airports.

Comment

British Airways are still flying some 747s on some routes to the US from Heathrow, if you want to connect through there.

Comment

^True that, maybe even LH via FRA if the company allows it. I don't recommend flying in LH's economy class though, even if you do get a PTV the seat pitch is pretty bad.

Comment

Try AMS-LAX-LAS with KLM. You'd get a 744 to LAX, and then something like a 73x to LAS. KLM still does directs to LAX with their 744 after dropping the 777 service 2 years ago.
          T

Comment

hiya mate, Virgin Atlanic use a 747-400 daily from london gatwick to las vegas. Leaves about 11:25 and gets in about 14:00 and is non stop. you can get prices from Virginatlantic.com but expedia.co.uk sometimes do some really good deals. hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks guys!

It seems I must choose between KLM or Virgin. I prefer KLm, but a direct flight from LHR also appeals to me...

Thanks again!

Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by NFSH View Post
                Thanks guys!

It seems I must choose between KLM or Virgin. I prefer KLm, but a direct flight from LHR also appeals to me...

Thanks again!

Andreas
                ...and it's not a huge amount of money to upgrade to Premium Economy which gives you a 38" seat pitch and a better service. Haven't flown it myself but I hear good reports from those who have.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X