HB-RVS: special scheme or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB-RVS: special scheme or not?

HB-RVS is a former Swiss Air Force Hawker Hunter Mk.58 repainted in a celebratory livery when Fliegerstaffel 15 (15th Fighter Squadron) was disbanded in 1993: HB-RVS photos in the DB

It's privately-owned, and not operated by the Swiss Air Force. Should I choose "Special Scheme" anyway when uploading?

Yes special c/s.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
      Yes special c/s.
      Thank you very much!

Comment

A privately owned aircraft is never considered as special scheme.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          A privately owned aircraft is never considered as special scheme.
          ?? She is still in her full special papyrus cs so imo special.
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Special scheme = "special or celebratory" ? It certainly counts as celebratory so I agree in this case, special scheme. One of those borderline decisions that does no harm to be accepted as special.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

That was exactly my doubt... I thought that only military/state-owned aircraft and aircraft belonging to airlines could be considered special colors. Since HB-RVS is owned by a "flying museum", I thought it could be considered an "expensive general aviation plane" (I have many photos of elaborate and colorful general aviation liveries, and I know that I mustn't check "Special scheme" when I upload them).
              However, according to the owner's website (German-only, I hope Google Translate was accurate enough!), this livery was applied during the very last days this airframe served with the Swiss Air Force, so that would make it a "military special scheme".

Checking other HB-RVS photos in the DB didn't help either, since half of them is marked "Special scheme" while the other half isn't

Comment

That bird got that special scheme during its military career. The private owner just kept it this way so it definitely counts as special scheme.

regards
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X