KLM orders E175+ to replace the Fokker 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM orders E175+ to replace the Fokker 70

I guess it was just a matter of time. While I'm sad to see the Fokker 70 go, I think they're going to replace it with a great aircraft.

KLM Cityhopper is renewing its fleet by purchasing fifteen Embraer 175 aircraft (E175+) and two Embraer 190 aircraft (E190). KLM Cityhopper will already be welcoming the first two E190 aircraft in December 2015. The fifteen E175+ aircraft will be taken up in the KLM Cityhopper fleet between March 2016 and June 2018.

The order is 15 E175+ and 2 E190 for a one-on-one replacement of 19 Fokker 70s.

...and the same is happening over at Austrian (via Lufthansa's fleet planning);

According to company sources, the airline will phase out most of the 34 Embraer 190s and 195s currently operated by its regional subsidiary, Lufthansa CityLine. The aircraft will almost certainly be moved to Austrian Airlines, where they will replace an aging fleet of Fokker 70s and 100s.

http://aviationweek.com/commercial-a...-some-austrian
    Indeed sad to see the Fokkers go, however upward and onward to newer equipment and perhaps greater performances to the Austrian. I'm excited to see how and where they employ the Embraers!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
    X