No announcement yet.

Non-aviation photography....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend looking at the very impressive Mardasson Hill American Memorial at Bastogne.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

• Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• One week in Big Apple:

Impressions around Times Square:

View from Empire State Building (hand held!!)
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Loving that last shot Gerardo! Good quality as well
          Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• 100mm L macro with twin flash.

Comment

• Hi all,

I'd just like to start by saying that I am in awe of the quality of some of the shots here. Not just the technical quality, but the creative quality of the composition and colouring of shots - just amazing!

Not having easy access to an airport recently, I have been developing my skills with other types of photography. Here are some of my latest from in and around the beautiful Cape Town, South Africa, where I have been living for the last three months.

As always, constructive criticism is most welcome.

V&A Waterfront with Table Mountain and Signal Hill

Southern Right Whales playing near the shore at Hermanus

Star trails over Table Mountain

Macro of what I believe is one of the many species of Fynbos (taken with the awesome Canon 100mm L Macro)

Hairpin on the spectacular Bain's Kloof Pass

Wind turbine north of Cape Town

Comment

• I feel bad that I can't take photos as good as you guys...but you guys really have amazing skills...keep up the great work!
                Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

• Amazing work there Gareth.

A couple from my recent trip to the US of A.

WWII Memorial, in DC.

NYC looking north from the Rockerfeller Center.

Im simply giving this as a link as its over 3000 pixels wide. Photobucket resized it down from the 5000 I intended! The final stitched version of that photo is over 159MP!
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

• Switzerland!

More from Switzerland:

Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• Some awesome shots there Jan. Am I right in saying that some of those are HDR?

I've been wanting try HDR for some time - any tips or recommended software/tutorials?

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by g.forwood View Post
                        Some awesome shots there Jan. Am I right in saying that some of those are HDR?

I've been wanting try HDR for some time - any tips or recommended software/tutorials?

Cheers!
                        I'd wager all of them are, or run through a oversaturation thingymabob. In my opinion, the ways its done has ruined the image, maybe except the second to last.

As for tips,
                        Try to avoid having more than 2 stops between exposures,
                        Using a tripod helps,
                        Make sure you are in Av or M mode, so the shutter speed is what varies between photos.
                        I'm sure ive missed some points, feel free to ask.

When I do HDRs, i just use photoshop, go file -> automate -> merge to HDR and i try keep it looking realisitic!
                        Some HDRs done via photoshop,

(See WWII memorial BW photo above in my earlier post)

Sam Rudge

Comment

• Well, I've been a busy boy as of lately, but did make a trip to the Philippines,

Did a shot RAW + JPEG,

Heres the JPEG

Heres the processed RAW

Yes I know its a bit soft, but thats part of what happens when you shoot a 7D at f/22 and brightened some parts of the photos 5+ stops. Plus my RAW editing isnt the best.

I reckon a lot of people here didnt know their RAW files have that much data in them!

Oh well, Back to editing wedding photos now.
                          Sam Rudge

Comment

• Nice image, Simpleboy! It's definitely interesting what can be pulled out of those big fat 14 bit files.

I'll jump in with one as well. This afternoon my 7D took a rest and I shot a few images on my iPhone 4S. I still can't quite believe this came from a phone!

Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Got my little Olympus Pen out this afternoon and made some photos of Dutch scenery nearby from where I live. Hope you enjoy it

Amsteldijk Zuid, Amstelzijde by Pamela de Boer, on Flickr

Waver, langs Waverdijk by Pamela de Boer, on Flickr

ophaalbrug Waverdijk by Pamela de Boer, on Flickr
                              Last edited by pdeboer; 2012-01-22, 10:36.

Comment

• Very nice shots Pam !!

Comment

Working...
                                X