The BA Firefly is no-more :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BA Firefly is no-more :-(

Seems that BA aren't satisfied with re-skinning pretty much the whole the of bmi fleet into their scheme already, G-EUPC is apparently back in the paintshop too...
    Regards
    René

We all knew this day was coming, although i did expect it to be further down the line than this. We are not even out of 2012 and they are already repainting the firefly. Just glad i photographed it whilst i could even if my photo isnt the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMRPICS View Post
      We all knew this day was coming, although i did expect it to be further down the line than this. We are not even out of 2012 and they are already repainting the firefly. Just glad i photographed it whilst i could even if my photo isnt the best.
      Same here Sam, got it but not the best shot I've ever taken, would liked to have had another crack at it

Comment

It was good while it lasted.

The 2012 Olympic Flame arrives in Jersey!. G-EUPC. Airbus A319-131. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I was kind of disappointed that BA didn't do more; there was talk of a 777 in a special scheme, but it never came to pass.

Comment

What will happen to the "Dove" planes?

Comment

The Doves from when they were painted were due to be around for about 1 year before going back to BA colours
            Regards,
            Darryl

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird707 View Post
              The Doves from when they were painted were due to be around for about 1 year before going back to BA colours
              Thanks for that info! I luckily catched the Firebird but not a single Dove

Comment

not a single dove??

the dove is at LUX at least every second day,.... (maybe as of in two weeks more often, as there will be a flight per day added) The exBMI A319 have taken over these rotations (+A320)

at the moment of writing this post, G-DBCB (dove-exBMI) is on its way to LUX
                please take a look at my website: www.bae-atp.webs.com

flown on: Boeing 737-400/500/700wl/800wl * B767-300ER * MD11 * B757-200 * MD82 * ERJ 145 * E-190 * Q400 * BAe ATP * Jetstream J41 recently added: B717-200

flown with: TUIfly.de, Luxair, CityBird, Transavia.com, Air Moldova, AirFrance, Régional, West Air Luxembourg, skyexpress.gr recently added: Volotea

Comment

I'm glad I captured the firefly whilst it was about. Such a great scheme and it's a shame they decided not to keep it for longer.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C9 View Post
                    not a single dove??

the dove is at LUX at least every second day,.... (maybe as of in two weeks more often, as there will be a flight per day added) The exBMI A319 have taken over these rotations (+A320)

at the moment of writing this post, G-DBCB (dove-exBMI) is on its way to LUX
                    Its not really the weather to go outside and hunt for a Dove.
                    Especially if you don't live so close to an airport

Comment

Glad i managed to capture the firefly a good few times while it was around! think i've got all the doves now! Just in the big long list of stuff to upload! Haha
                      Chris Sharps
                      5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                      17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                      24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                      1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Chris Sharps
                        5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                        17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                        24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Working...
                        X