Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    I'm with you!

It's so absurd, elementary, remedial, ludicrous, fallacious and deluded when folks make posts without any specific examples.
    I wasn't criticising your post my friend - mellow out and let it go. I am bemused as to why this bizarre idea has endured and why there are those who entertain it, that's all. As you correctly said, in the absence of quantitative data which I am not privy to (specific weight, flight plan, performance chart, fuelling) then perhaps you are right - I shouldn't have made a post disagreeing with the 'experts' in the populist press on stations such as CNN who stated as a matter of fact that this aircraft flew to 45,000 ft (in the absence of quantitiative data also).

Why not go and 'hold your breath for 30 seconds' like a spoilt child .
    As the Crow flies

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"

Comment

• Possible pinger signals also detected with sono-buoys by a P3 Orion airplane, in the area where the Ocean Shield ship also detected signals 4 times (and one of these times identified 2 sources).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Crow View Post
        ...I am bemused as to why this bizarre idea has endured and why there are those who entertain it...
        It's a very simple mechanism.

We know very little.

It was once suggested that the plane climbed to 45K which would be unusual.

That thought faded- not because someone brought up weight and altitude capabilities, but because the information flow from this crash has been laden with incorrect information.

It simply faded away along with the debris field locations one through five.

But since we still know so very little, the thought that it might have climbed to 45K leads one to ask if there'd be some reason to go to 45K. Yeah, it's not necessary to go to 45K to incapacitate the passengers, and maybe it could not have made it to 45K, but, would there have been some small advantage?

It's an interesting thought which might make sense to you if you could clear your mind of all the big adjectives and your need to be condescending.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          It's a very simple mechanism.

We know very little.

It was once suggested that the plane climbed to 45K which would be unusual.

That thought faded- not because someone brought up weight and altitude capabilities, but because the information flow from this crash has been laden with incorrect information.

It simply faded away along with the debris field locations one through five.

But since we still know so very little, the thought that it might have climbed to 45K leads one to ask if there'd be some reason to go to 45K. Yeah, it's not necessary to go to 45K to incapacitate the passengers, and maybe it could not have made it to 45K, but, would there have been some small advantage?

It's an interesting thought which might make sense to you if you could clear your mind of all the big adjectives and your need to be condescending.
          A cursory glance of at some of the more recent of your 1,967 posts and the words pot, kettle and black immediately spring to mind. I have apologised, as I explained, my post wasn't directed at you - and certainly not intended to offend one so precious and sensitive. Actually the main reason that the thought that MH370 climbed to 45k has 'faded' is simply because as I pointed out, the suggestion that it was intentionally flown to this altitude - eighty minutes was it into the flight? - is indeed 'ludicrous' (am I allowed to use that word?) and in my opinion impossible. I apologise in advance for once more making that assertion.

The thought that it may have 'had some reason' to attempt the ascent to a such an altitude however is, I agree intriguing and like you say one we should entertain. I do agree with you. Likewise, perhaps we should also consider the veracity of the reports that it plummeted to 23k which as some suggested at the time could indicate a skilled recovery from an aerodynamic stall. As you say - the information flow has been poor and given the unreliability of ground to air radar I think it more likely that the altitude differentials were exaggerated.
          As the Crow flies

Comment

• Originally posted by Crow View Post
            A cursory glance of at some of the more recent of your 1,967 posts and the words pot, kettle and black immediately spring to mind. I have apologised, as I explained, my post wasn't directed at you - and certainly not intended to offend one so precious and sensitive. Actually the main reason that the thought that MH370 climbed to 45k has 'faded' is simply because as I pointed out, the suggestion that it was intentionally flown to this altitude - eighty minutes was it into the flight? - is indeed 'ludicrous' (am I allowed to use that word?) and in my opinion impossible. I apologise in advance for once more making that assertion.

The thought that it may have 'had some reason' to attempt the ascent to a such an altitude however is, I agree intriguing and like you say one we should entertain. I do agree with you. Likewise, perhaps we should also consider the veracity of the reports that it plummeted to 23k which as some suggested at the time could indicate a skilled recovery from an aerodynamic stall. As you say - the information flow has been poor and given the unreliability of ground to air radar I think it more likely that the altitude differentials were exaggerated.
            3WE, The FNG is beating up on you!

Comment

• Jesus H for Chris.... a post counting, "i" dotting, stalker. Yeah, stalker, the kind of zealot that will go to any lengths to prove superiority.

I believe in today's vernacular; would it be the term "hipster"?

Over the years I've had an issue or two with a few but have come to respect the participants to the highest degree. What the heck is the point of this guys whizzing contest?
              Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                Jesus H for Chris.... a post counting, "i" dotting, stalker. Yeah, stalker, the kind of zealot that will go to any lengths to prove superiority.

I believe in today's vernacular; would it be the term "hipster"?

Over the years I've had an issue or two with a few but have come to respect the participants to the highest degree. What the heck is the point of this guys whizzing contest?
                Christ, grow a skin - it's a forum - no need to be so indignant. If you want me to apologise to you both again I will. I apologise.

I think the last thing I wrote was 'I defer to your greater experience' and I meant it. I don't even know you and I have nothing to prove. I certainly don't believe I'm superior to you - all I did is dare to disagree with some of your points - and I do, with both you and the 3WE guy - who appears to be a tad hypocritical to boot.

Superiority?! If you're prepared to give it out to other members which you clearly are, then don't start crying when someone challenges you. Have a laugh about it and at yourself like BB does - don't take yourself so damn seriously.It's the internet.

Genuinely - I will try not to offend you again.
                As the Crow flies

Comment

• Guys, seriously,

- There were early, never confirmed reports that the plane climbed to 45000ft and then quickly descended to 23000.
                  - We all here agree that it's very unlikely that this actually happened, if possible at all what it is probably not but we don't know for sure either.
                  - Some think that, eve then, it's worth discussing what might have motivated the pilot to do that, if he did it.

Okay? Enough?
                  Great. Now please take all your personal issues off this topic. You are welcome to keep it going on PM. (that's a personal request, I'm not a moderator here).

In the meantime, I don't know if you noticed, but 6 posts above I mentioned what I think it's an important development in the investigation. Unfortunately that post became buried in piss from your contest.

And please, don't reply to this post. Instead, please post something that is linked to this accident, even if it's a crazy speculation like if someone could have survived hours of depressurization or why the pilot might have wanted to climb to FL450.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Getting into spelling and grammar is pretty low and childish at best.

To redeem myself ... I was typing with an eye patch yesterday; but patch or no patch you kind of showed your colors.

It's not thin skin. It is however a growing lack of tolerance for such net behavior.

Comment

• And talking about crazy speculation...

Malaysian logo found in alien crop circles

(in Spanish)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        Odd, the one that most resembles the Malaysian logo (next to the picture of the plane) appears to be from 2013...so how its related to what happened a month ago beats me...

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                          Getting into spelling and grammar is pretty low and childish at best.

To redeem myself ... I was typing with an eye patch yesterday; but patch or no patch you kind of showed your colors.

It's not thin skin. It is however a growing lack of tolerance for such net behavior.
                          You have nothing to redeem yourself over friend. I am no stalker, but I was a lurker and having read many contributions to this thread and others I was compelled to join because of the level of knowledge present on this forum and the amount that I learned reading members posts - and I very much include you in that.

Honestly, I wasn't correcting you on your grammar or spelling - I agree, that's pretty sad - particularly since many post from phones and other awkward devices. I did however make a joke about Americanised English and the use of a 'z' in place of a Brit 's' - the latter another clue when dealing with 'a denizen of the old empire' read it again - sincerely no offence meant. I actually have a very self deprecating humour and sometimes it doesn't - shall we say - translate well - particularly as remote and impersonal as these exchanges are prone to being. After you suggested that 'I go and do my homework' I can see why you thought I responded in such a way.

Underpinning this thread is a terrible tragedy and as Gabriel points out our bickering is wholly inappropriate. For my part, I apologise for disrespecting that.
                          As the Crow flies

Comment

• That's enough !!

This is an official "wind your necks in" warning. Any further personal attacks will be dealt with by means of a forum ban. The forums here at Jetphotos.net are not an "I can piss higher than you" arena, they are meant to be a sensible discussion arena. You are free to comment either way on the possibility of 45,000 feet....just don't slag someone off for discussing it.

I mean it....bans WILL be issued if this thread continues to degenerate into personal attacks.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Can I say OK?

Comment

• This is the most bizarre airliner incident in my memory. Granted, those 737's that plummeted into the ground were confusing, till they accidentally found the explanation. But there's hardly anything solid to chew on here. Maybe small comfort it isn't a U.S. airline. Maybe we can count on our planes doing more humdrum things. And this after the equally strange landing at SFO in what seemed good conditions. Are these incidents even more bizarre given the nationality of the carrier and pilots?

Comment

Working...
                                X