No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debris should also provide a clue about in what mode it crashed. AF447 dropped straight down, and I believe they could see that in the debris.

Comment

• AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
      the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• If the heavy plane parts end up in a deep trench, will that convince anyone that the pilot aimed to crash there? To insure the black box signal battery would run out of power?

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
          What morons write these headlines for Christ sake ?

Struggle to maintain altitude when the fuel runs out !!!

No shit, Sherlock !
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

No shit, Sherlock !
            Like it said just above the statement, developing STORY....... not FACT.

Comment

• Boeing 777 will struggle to maintain altitude once the fuel takns are empty
              That's true. It's a very special characteristic of the 777. It's quite difficult to make a perpetual motion machine with it.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

No shit, Sherlock !
                That's why - unlike other aircraft - a B777 should always fly with engines turned OFF. As long as there is fuel in the tanks, they will always maintain altitude.

Somehow I think I missed something ....
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Speaking of engines and fuel, if one runs out of fuel before the other...does the 77 autopilot have the authority to keep the plane in the air until the other exausts? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfojoe View Post
                    Speaking of engines and fuel, if one runs out of fuel before the other...does the 77 autopilot have the authority to keep the plane in the air until the other exausts? thanks.
                    jfojoe, somebody (maybe you?) asked this question already and received no answer.

Don't get angry if you get no answer to this question here. Maybe just nobady here knows. I, for example, don't.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• In the evening of Mar 29th 2014 AMSA reported that the aircraft have sighted new objects in Saturday's 252,000 square kilometer/73,400 square nautical miles search area. The Chinese ship as well as HMAS Success already operating in the new search area have recovered a number of objects, however, none of them could be confirmed to be related to MH-370.
                      Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

A pity that the oceans are so dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        jfojoe, somebody (maybe you?) asked this question already and received no answer.

Don't get angry if you get no answer to this question here. Maybe just nobady here knows. I, for example, don't.

Not a 777 pilot but I would venture to say that no, it will not remain engaged.
                        I would try to hold it but once it went past the limits it would disconnect.

Comment

• Gabriel, What is your feeling about this uninterrupted auto-pilot thing floating around?

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
                            Agreed, this is just shifting from pillar to post. I have a very strong feeling that a lot of very important people are in the know of exactly what happened to this plane and are giving the media and in turn, us, a lot of mis information to stall things....buying time to drop some huge bombshell.
                            I still cant get how a 777 can crash and no debris can be recovered after all these sightings and three weeks....hmmmm
                            To illustrate the size we are talking about. Look at this picture, it's a 250 km square copypasted from Google Maps. Can you look at the centre deeply? Can you see anything? (don't consider pixels, resolution, or whatever, it's only to have an idea about the range of size we discuss)

Well, believe it or not, there is no a plane down there, but 150!! I counted!

There is even a Concorde-like.

Imagine now that they are looking not for an entire plane, which it's difficult enough to find, but for some debris.... Terrific lot of work in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                              Not a 777 pilot but I would venture to say that no, it will not remain engaged.
                              I would try to hold it but once it went past the limits it would disconnect.
                              I think that the 777 has some smarter rudder than the 747. Som FBWish thing with some autotrimmish function. But as I've said, I don't know.

Evan is the one who can enlighten us on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                Gabriel, What is your feeling about this uninterrupted auto-pilot thing floating around?
                                Doable for sure. Not done for sure.

Not possible to have dozens of thusands of airplanes fitted with this and all the operation (pilots, dipatchers...), maintenance and engineering guys at airliens not knowing it, or knowing and keeping it secret.

That Boeing has a patent for this doesn't mean that it is already used. (Airbus has a patent for a double-fuselage plane, and so?). It would require a lot of regulations, tests and safeguards to make sure that is safe itself, not to mention prevent foul play.

That engine manufacturers monitor the engine parameters doesn't mean that they also monitor the airplanes coordinates. I tend to think that the engine parameters are just part of the shedulled ACARS schedulled messages, which might include coordinates. But if the ACARS is turned off, then no info is sent.

From what we know today, if we believe the core of the the official information (what I do), the ACARS was turned off but not the SATCOM. It would be the equivalent to not make cell phone calls and not answering when it rings, but the phone is kept on. There will be no information to/from the user but the cell network operator will know that the phone was turned on and on what cell it was logged. The "cell" in this case is the satelllite, the phone is the SATCOM and the user making and answering calls (or refraining from doing so) would be the ACARS.

In short: Bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X