X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!! Awesome photos guys.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Those clouds look bumpy . I really like your shot of Fuji as I have once climbed to the top (but never again). Good stuff.

Comment

Great shots guys!
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Close encounter with VH-OGM over Caiguna:

Comment

Very cool. The first one looks like a rendering of the dreamliner.

Comment

Joe,

That brown pickup in the OC terminal photo belongs to my old boss!

Here are a few of mine from the past month or so.

Two hours left with only a camera bag and some clouds to keep me company!

On the way home from picking up the airplane in Vero Beach. Piper even threw in a free jacket with the airplane purchase

Another fun day! We had a 140 knot head wind at 27,000 feet. I guess it could have been worse.

The brefier said it would be VFR all day!

My front seat student is lost in space, and.....well...I have no clue what the backseat kid is doing!

I will post a few more later,

Alex.
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

This is a great idea.

Comment

Here are a few more pictures I've taken in the last few days. Unfortunately they were with my crappy cellphone camera, but better than nothing.

Baltimore's Inner Harbor while being vectored to land on runway 15R after a cross country to KGED (sorry I didn't stop Alex, was running late for my next flight), and KOXB.

The University of Delaware while flying from ILG to BWI.

I can see my house from here!

I need to bring my real camera on my next cross country flight...cell cameras suck

Comment

Pretty good for cell shots.

Speaking of cross country flights, what defines one? Taking off and landing at a different airport (+the FAA's specific mileage requirements for specific license requirements)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                      Pretty good for cell shots.

Speaking of cross country flights, what defines one? Taking off and landing at a different airport (+the FAA's specific mileage requirements for specific license requirements)?

Yep, if you're a private or commercial pilot a cross country is any time you use some sort of navigation to get to (and land at) an airport different from the one you departed from.

It is different however if you are a student pilot or building time for an ATP. For a student, a cross country needs to be at least 50nm from the departure airport. For those going for their ATP there is no need to land at another airport. They found that they had many military pilots (tankers an bombers mostly) who would fly half way across the world, drop their bombs or dispense their fuel, turn around and come back, yet they couldn't log it as a cross country because they didn't land anywhere else.

Comment

Did a cross country from BWI-WWD-BWI the other day and took a few pictures on the way.

About to do our runup on the deicing pad at BWI

Taxiing onto 33R

View of the general aviation ramp during climb out

Looking back at BWI during our turnout to the east

Still climbing

Climbing over the Chesapeake Bay

Eastern shore of Maryland

Climbing as we reach the Delaware bay to reduce our chances of having to swim in case our engine quits

Cape May, New Jersey

A crappy closeup of the lighthouse after we stopped at KWWD and refueled

The sun finally decided to make an appearance

Back over Delaware

I need a fisheye lens

Dover AFB from 4,500ft

Looking towards Baltimore and the Key Bridge

Looking towards Baltimore while on final approach

Final approach to runway 33R where my student made the absolute best landing I have ever seen in my life. His instructor must be awesome
                        Last edited by screaming_emu; 2007-04-25, 22:56.

Comment

Judging from your last comment, I assume that you were covering for someone else that day, Joe?

Great shots! I really want to try the Katana, but my instructor thinks theres too much of a size difference between us. Damn center of gravity.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                            Judging from your last comment, I assume that you were covering for someone else that day, Joe?

Great shots! I really want to try the Katana, but my instructor thinks theres too much of a size difference between us. Damn center of gravity.
                            well then put your ass on a diet

Comment

I'm almost 6'2 and big frammed, hes 5'6 and scrawny, this is one thing that my horrible fastfood intake hasn't caused.

At any rate, its easy for you to say. I don't have the whole Austrilian outback to sprint across.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thunderstorm season is here!

It looked dark to the west.

The tops were in the mid forties when I got my briefing, at that piont it was still developing.

The rest of the flight was beautiful!

From about 50 miles south, I was at 10,000'.

In a (very) slow climb to 210.

New airplanes seem to always break.

Count the planes

Your captain for the day

That's all,

Alex.
                                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                                X