Air Canada adds Premium Economy/ 5 B77W's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada adds Premium Economy/ 5 B77W's

The Premium Economy section isn't going to be large.

Air Canada to introduce international Premium Economy Cabin; Adds five new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft to mainline fleet. Today we announced that we will introduce a new International Premium Economy cabin for customers seeking enhanced comfort and service on international flights as we continue to modernize our widebody fleet with the addition of five new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.

Introduction of International Premium Economy Cabin

Complementing our Economy and Executive First options on international flights, our new Premium Economy cabin will offer customers a wide range of benefits including a dedicated cabin featuring larger seats that are wider, providing more recline, with seven more inches of legroom than Economy and are never more than one seat from the aisle (due to a 2-4-2 configuration). Customers will also be offered premium meals with complimentary bar service and priority check-in and baggage delivery at the airport. More information on our new Premium Economy cabin is available at www.aircanada.com/premiumeconomy.

Our Premium Economy cabin will be introduced on Montreal-Paris flights effective July 11, 2013. Additional routes offering Premium Economy will be added over time as new aircraft enter our mainline fleet.

International Fleet Expands and Modernizes

With the addition of five new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, we will expand and modernize our international widebody fleet. In addition to two Boeing 777-300ER aircraft previously announced that will be delivered in June and August 2013, we also announced today that three new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft to be delivered in November and December 2013 and February 2014 will be added. With the addition of these five aircraft, our Boeing 777 fleet will consist of 23 aircraft comprising the latest generation of 300ER and 200LR models.

“With the introduction of Premium Economy, Air Canada will begin offering customers a new, high-value option for enhanced comfort and service on international flights,” said Ben Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer. “The delivery of five new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft over the next 12 months provides us with the right opportunity to launch a new cabin of service that will be offered on more of our international flights over time as we take delivery of new 787 aircraft. We will continue to adapt our product to ensure our customers have competitive options to choose from – whether traveling on Air Canada mainline routes or with our leisure carrier, Air Canada rouge, to its vacation destinations.”

For further detail, see http://aircanada.mediaroom.com/
    Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

I heard many good things about Air Canada and its service. What is the standard-seating in Economy: 3-4-3?
    http://www.MD-80.com / MD-80.com on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MD80com / MD-80.com on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MD80com

Comment

You are one of the exceptions if you have heard good things about Air Canada's service .

But I think their economy seating is 3-3-3
      I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by IberiaMD-87 View Post
        I heard many good things about Air Canada and its service. What is the standard-seating in Economy: 3-4-3?
        Seating on the B777 in Economy is 3-3-3 (presently).

Porter Guy we all know how you love the taxi service at YTZ and thankfully you can fly the world and never sit in an AC aircraft. I see Air Canada has won SkyTrax 4 star so some customers like them.
        Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is first.

Comment

I'll let you all know in June as I'm flying AC from MCO - YYZ - LHR. From what I can see of the offered service and from friends recommendations I'm really looking forward to it.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'm not saying I hate ACA, I personally have never had a problem with them. But roughly 75% of my classmates think the services they got from Air Canada was sub-par
            I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Working...
            X