Tu-154 – April 2010 – additional CVR transcript leaked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tu-154 – April 2010 – additional CVR transcript leaked

RMF radio station in Poland leaked additional parts of CVR transcripts.
    Source to Google translate from gazeta.pl – Polish major daily newspaper.

--------------- Below are quotes from the gazeta.pl article: -------------------
    • • It contains approx. 30 percent. more words than previously processed by experts from the Cracow Forensic Institute and approx. 40 percent. more than what is in the transcript of the Police Central Forensic Laboratory - this information was confirmed by the Prosecutor during the conference.

• What picture emerges from the transcripts published by the radio station? "In the cockpit, to the end, stayed the person described by experts as a DSP, or Commander of the Air Force. The DSP does not leave the cockpit despite stewardesses calls to take seats, he also commands the crew members".

• RMF FM also provides that the DSP after the first message "TERRAIN AHEAD" asked the crew for "ideas", and at a height of 300 meters urged that "you can surely make it" "Within 20 minutes before the crash tape recorder registered seven attempts to pacify and silence. From a simple" Shh-css "," quiet there! ", to" Get out of here! " and" F ..., stop, please "on 2.5 minutes before crashing the plane "- adds journalists RMF FM.

• Several minutes before landing the head of diplomatic protocol arrives in the cockpit. "Mr. Director, the fog came, at this time" – captain tells him. "And with these conditions, which are now, we can’t touch down. We will try to approach, we will do one approach, but this probably won’t work. So we have to think about the decision on what to do next" - warns. "We will try until we make it" - responds the head of the Protocol. "Uh, we do not have enough fuel to keep trying until we make it," - says the captain of the aircraft. "This is where we have a problem!" – says in response diplomat.

---------------------------- end quotes ----------------------

I want to take this opportunity and give credit to many experienced members of this forum who were from early days pointing to pressure, human error and simply unfortunate set of events that lead to this crash.

I was looking for some elaborate explanation for a tragedy of that magnitude. I did not believe when people experienced in the subject were calmly but firmly explaining how such accident can happen simply because the pilot is under pressure, working in unsterile environment and on top of that, weather happened to get worst. Thank you for your patience.

So... Russia retained possession of the original tape and the original investigations made a digital copy at a low sample rate? Then, in 2014(?!) the prosecution made another visit to Russia and a new digital recording at a high sample rate and discovered new elements in the cockpit audio?

Am I getting that right?

I guess my question is: Why didn't they just listen more carefully to the original tape? Or was the tape too damaged, I can't recall. I guess my other question is: Why is the prosecution still working on this in 2014?

Whether this new information is accurate or not, the main, known fact of the investigation, that the crew was poorly chosen for the mission, seems to remain the real cause of the crash. It appears that lesson has sunk in and protocol changes have been made.

Comment

Where is Northwester when we need him?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        Where is Northwester when we need him?
        Potential for some sort of "little CYA (or image) conspiracy": High.

Some sort of grand earth-shattering assassination conspiracy plot?

Still looks WAY WAY WAY too classic for we REALLY REALLY REALLY "need" to get in so let's dip and sniff...
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
        X