Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AirCanada announces new routes for Summer 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirCanada announces new routes for Summer 2015!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/air-ca...120000623.html

Highlights of the 2015 summer schedule include:

New Air Canada rouge twice weekly service between Montreal and Venice beginning May 14, 2015 , and, subject to government approval, up to five flights per week between Vancouver and Osaka - Kansai beginning May 1, 2015

Air Canada rouge service from Toronto to Athens and Barcelona will increase to daily from five times a week in summer 2014, and service from Toronto to Venice increases to four times from three weekly. From Montreal , Air Canada rouge service to Athens will double to four times weekly and service to Barcelona will increase to three-times weekly from twice weekly in summer 2014. Overall, Air Canada rouge service to Athens , Barcelona , Lisbon , Manchester and Nice will operate a longer season during the summer of 2015 over summer 2014

Air Canada rouge will begin operating year-round service between Toronto and Lima, Peru beginning May 2, 2015 , subject to government approval, following the transfer of the route from Air Canada.
    Apart form that, AirCanada mainline will expand to the following;

Starting June 4th, 2015 - YYZ-AMS on a 767-300ER.

From June to September 2015 - both YYZ and YUL will operate a second daily flight to CDG on 767-300ER.

Starting in Winter of 2014, YYZ-GIG nonstop, year round.

Starting in Winter of 2014, YYZ-PTY nonstop, year round.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

I wish AC was doing these routes themselves (because I despise Rouge), but they are leisure routes so I won't complain.... much
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy View Post
      I wish AC was doing these routes themselves (because I despise Rouge), but they are leisure routes so I won't complain.... much
      Oddly enough, on some routes, Rouge is a better alternative than AC mainline with not only prices being lower, but in some cases more spacious interiors;

Narrow seats, and tighter seat pitch means they have crammed in a whopping 458 passengers. Let’s put that figure into perspective. That’s similar to a 747 capacity, and the 747 is almost a foot wider.

Ironically, the Air Canada Rouge (Their LCC leisure product) is actually more spacious!

http://thedesignair.net/2013/07/15/a...k-fans-revolt/
      The quoted article is a fantastic read. In this case, it is a must read!

That said, AC mainline has a modest plan with the launch of 3 new destinations (well, the resumption of AMS, which was a shocker that AC did not serve - but I guess that KLM must have been doing well enough on the route), and the strengthening of ties to CDG.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
      X