Lingo trends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingo trends?

Anyone notice prople dont use terms like Ballpark figure anymore, few years back it used to be very common, also that NOT! thing has gone for example I love mushrooms ...NOT! also My Bad isnt used much either, it seems Bling is also on its way out, Kick Ass is gone too, interestingly never heard any of these before mid 2000s, what new trendy terms etc. have come up and which others have gone? where do they come from, who makes them up?

Political correctness and sugar coating is creeping in now, especially in locations where bad language would be considered inappropriate.

For example...."OH, Shut the front door up" instead of "Shut the f**k up"

..."Dearie me, that appears to smart a little" instead of "F**k it, that hurts"

..."Aren't you a little black hole of need" instead of "You spoilt bastard"

..."Oh, I say, WELL DONE sir/madam!" instead of "You daft f**ker"
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Is the term Cool Beans something new and trending? heard it a few times where does it come from?

Comment

Probably the best approach would be to google search "origin of cool beans"
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Cool beans.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

LUNN, how much is an ounce is Pakistan - because you are getting the good stuff if you are posting things like this...
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
              LUNN, how much is an ounce is Pakistan - because you are getting the good stuff if you are posting things like this...
              Can't be too expensive, since quite a bit of it is produced right across the border, in Afghanistan.

Comment

Why does everyone in America under 40 start a sentence with "So" ?

Comment

Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
                  Why does everyone in America under 40 start a sentence with "So" ?
                  So, like, I don't know why.
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                  X