Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a reject - unlevel

Hi there,

got this one rejected for unlevel. Appealed it with the information, that the terrain ist not easy and unlevel itself, so I chossed the tail-fin at the cannopy and the front-gear. And in my eyes it is in one line. But now rejected with the information, that it is leaning to the right.

Originally posted by Soaring1972 View Post
    Hi there,

got this one rejected for unlevel. Appealed it with the information, that the terrain ist not easy and unlevel itself, so I chossed the tail-fin at the cannopy and the front-gear. And in my eyes it is in one line. But now rejected with the information, that it is leaning to the right.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4778784
    The buildings on the left side are leaning to the right, thus give it some CCW rotation.

Buildings are often usually the most reliable source to use when leveling.

Comment

Buildings are often usually the most reliable source to use when leveling.
      I know but if you look at the buildings and the taxiway, you can see that there is a downhill.
      And the rest is of course barrel distortion. Thats why I used a vertical line between tail-fin and nose wheel to level.
      If I would bring the left buildings in level the picture look unnatural, thats wht I first tried especial with the lantern, but the lantern is very unlevel in natural if you compare it with the vertcal lines of the garage next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaring1972 View Post
        I know but if you look at the buildings and the taxiway, you can see that there is a downhill.
        And the rest is of course barrel distortion. Thats why I used a vertical line between tail-fin and nose wheel to level.
        If I would bring the left buildings in level the picture look unnatural, thats wht I first tried especial with the lantern, but the lantern is very unlevel in natural if you compare it with the vertcal lines of the garage next to it.
        It's hard to tell however the buildings on the right side of the image also appear to be leaning to the right, which means barrel distortion is not the only reason why the buildings are leaning. Giving it 1 degree CCW makes the entire image look more balanced and level.

You can't draw a line from the tip of the tail to the front nose gear if the tail isn't exactly centered as in this image. The tail is very slightly off centre to the left hand side of the canopy, which doesn't sound by much but results in the image being unlevel by around a degree.

All of the above is a bit technical and not really warranted, it's easier to just sit back in your chair and level when viewing the image as a whole instead of making measurements.

Comment

It needs a tiny bit of clockwise rotation. Look off the left wing at the first tire you see. Do you see that runway light? You can clearly see it is leaning towards the left. In Photoshop, utilize the ruler tool to assist. Press control+R, or Command+R on a Mac. The ruler will appear. Click on the actual ruler, and while holding the click, drag from either the side or the top ruler. A neon blue line will come down. You can position this line anywhere you desire on the image. It will act as your horizon or your vertical. Place it in various spots to make sure your verticals are straight.

If they are not straight, you can bring up the crop box and rotate until it is straight. Or you can duplicate the layer, and go to Edit/Transform/Distort and drag the corners to ensure level photos.

Those are just two of the multitude of ways to make sure an image is level.
          Click below to See My Photos On:

Comment

Working...
          X